Decision No. 264/2005/QD-TTg dated October 25, 2005 of the Prime Minister approving the Scheme on socio-economic development in Con Dao district, Ba Ria – Vung Tau province, till 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, October 25, 2005
APPROVING THE SCHEME ON SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN CON DAO DISTRICT, BA RIA – VUNG TAU PROVINCE, TILL 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated December 25, 2001;
At the proposal of the People’s Committee of Ba Ria – Vung Tau province in Report No. 7370/TTr-UB dated December 24, 2004, and Official Letter No. 5779/UBND-VP dated October 10, 2005;
At the proposal of the Ministry of Planning and Investment in Official Letter No. 1032-BKH/TD&GSDT dated February 21, 2005; and on the basis of the opinions of concerned ministries, agencies,
To approve the Scheme on socio-economic development in Con Dao district, Ba Ria - Vung Tau province, till 2020, with the following development viewpoints, objectives, tasks, solutions and orientations:
1. Development viewpoints:
- To build Con Dao district into a high-quality economic-tourist and service zone in association with conservation and embellishment of Vietnam's special revolutionary relics and development and raising of the value of Con Dao national park.
- To build Con Dao district to suit its position of an outpost, actively contributing to the process of opening up the country and integrating into the global economy, preserving national defense and security in close combination with development of the entire southern region of Vietnam.
- Con Dao district must be developed with a long-term vision toward modernity, stability, sustainability and effectiveness with appropriate steps, creating a breakthrough right in the initial stage, bringing into full play its potentials and advantages.
2. Development objectives:
a) To develop Con Dao district into a modern and unique economic-tourist zone of regional and international importance.
b) In the period from now to 2020, to strive to attain:
- A population of around 50,000.
- An average per-capita GDP of around US$900-1,000 by 2010; and around US$1,800-2,000 by 2020.
- About 200,000-250,000 tourists/year by 2010; and 500,000-700,000 tourists/year by 2020.
Click Download to see full text