Decision No. 725/QD-TTg dated May 10 of the Prime Minister approving Hanoi Capital’s water drainage master plan through 2030 with a vision toward 2050
THE PRIME MINISTER
Decision No. 725/QD-TTg of May 10, approving Hanoi Capital’s water drainage master plan through 2030 with a vision toward 2050
Pursuant to the June 17, 2009 Law on Urban Planning;
Pursuant to the November 26, 2003 Law on Construction;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 37/2010/ND-CP of April 7, 2010, on the formulation, appraisal, approval and management of urban planning;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 88/2007/ND-CP of May 28, 2007, on water drainage in urban areas and industrial parks;
At the proposal of the chairperson of Hanoi Municipal People’s Committee and the appraisal opinions of the Ministry of Construction,
Article 1. To approve Hanoi Capital’s water drainage master plan through 2030 with a vision toward 2050, with the following principal contents:
1. Scope of research and planning
- Scope of research: The whole water drainage system within the administrative boundary of Hanoi Capital with a total area of 3,344.47 km2 and the expanded areas belonging to the provinces of Hoa Binh, Ha Nam, Bac Ninh and Hung Yen in the same river basin.
- Scope of planning:
+ For rainwater: The entire administrative land area of Hanoi city’s urban center, satellite towns equivalent to grade-III urban centers and suburban areas with direct impacts on the rainwater drainage system.
+ For wastewater: Hanoi city’s urban center and satellite towns equivalent to grade-III urban centers.
2. Planning view points
- To conform with the socio-economic development master plan; the land use master plan; the general plan on construction of Hanoi Capital through 2030 with a vision toward 2050; the water drainage master plan for three northern, central and southern key economic regions; the orientations for water drainage development in urban areas and industrial parks through 2030 with a vision toward 2050; and other relevant approved specialized master plans;
- To take into account the impacts of climate change, directing toward stable and sustainable development, based on the building of synchronous rainwater and wastewater drainage systems, from collection to treatment for every urban basin to suit socio-economic development conditions.
- For rainwater drainage planning, to apply the technical model of sustainable water drainage, enhancing the rainwater absorption and storage capability, contributing to the minimization and incremental elimination of urban flooding in the central Hanoi Capital and other urban centers within the scope of planning.