In order to successfully register a company logo, the owner who needs to register the logo must meet the requirements and conditions to register the logo as follows:
- The company logo intended to register must be new, creative and especially not to be duplicated or similar or confusing with other company logos or other personal logos that have been registered for protection in the past;
- Regarding the order and procedures for registering company logo, it is necessary to follow the steps in accordance with the steps prescribed by law to maximize the savings of time and cost when registering company logo protection. This requires that the person performing the registration of the company logo must be a person with a lot of experience, a lot of legal knowledge as well as practical knowledge to register the logo successfully and quickly, and of course, will save a lot of costs;
- The person who performs the registration of the company logo must also identify the competent state agency to register the logo in accordance with the law in order to apply for the registration of the company logo in the right competent authority;
- Enterprises that do not have experience in registering company logos should refer to the provisions of law through companies specializing in the field of registering company logos, typically Minh Khue Law Firm. Besides, business owners can also use the service of registering company logo of Minh Khue Law to achieve the best, quickest and most effective results.
3. Where to register protection for your company logo? Procedures for registering company logos?
3.1. The competent authority to registers the company logo
According to the current Vietnamese law, only one state agency competent to grant a trademark registration certificate is the National Office of Intellectual Property of Vietnam at address: 386 Nguyen Trai Street, Thanh Xuan district, Hanoi city.
However, in order to facilitate the filing of central and southern regions, there are two representative offices of the National Office of Intellectual Property that receive applications for entities to register logos in Da Nang and the Ho Chinh Minh City:
- Representative office in Ho Chi Minh City address: 7th Floor, Ha Phan Building, No. 17 - 19 Ton That Tung, Pham Ngu Lao Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Representative office in Da Nang city address: 3rd Floor, No. 135 Minh Mang Street, Khue My Ward, Ngu Hanh Son District, Da Nang City.
3.2. Procedure to register a company logo
To register the company logo quickly and accurately and achieve the most effective results, Minh Khue Law Firm instructs clients to register the company logo according to the following basic steps:
Step 1: Design your company logo
This is an important step, an initial step for businesses to register logos for their companies. Logo owners need to create a logo suitable for their business, visible in the form of images, drawings, holograms or combine all of these elements in the same color or many different colors. At the same time, the company logo that is intended to register must still meet the provisions of the law that cannot be duplicated, easily confused with other logos that have been registered for protection before.
Step 2: Prepare the logo registration file
Application for registration of company logo in accordance with current law includes the following documents and papers:
- 02 copies of the declaration of registration of the trademark in the form provided by law;
- 08 logo samples with dimensions ≤ 08 cm x 08 cm;
- Receipts, invoices or documents of filing fees;
- Power of attorney or written authorization papers for individuals/units providing services to register company logos (if any);
- Introduction letter of the company carrying out procedures for registering logos for enterprises (if any).
Step 3: Apply for registration of the company logo at the competent state agency which is the Vietnam National Office of Intellectual Property in Hanoi or through two representative offices in Da Nang City and Ho Chi Minh City.
Step 4: Monitor the process of application for company logo registration
From the time of submission of complete dossiers in accordance with the provisions of law, competent state agencies shall consider and process applications for registration of company logos according to the following stages:
- Phase 1: Examination of form. At this stage, the National Office of Intellectual Property will consider and evaluate the subject of application, classify applications as prescribed. This period usually lasts about 1 month to 2 months.
- Phase 2: Publish on the Official Gazette. This period is usually from 1 month to 2 months from the date the National Office of Intellectual Property receives a valid dossier.
- Phase 3: Evaluate the contents of applications.
At this stage, the National Office of Intellectual Property will review and evaluate the distinctive ability of the company logo to apply for registration, as well as the possibility to confuse the company logo that was previously established. This period usually lasts from 12 months to 15 months from the publication of the Official Gazette in Phase 2.
- Phase 4: Granting protection titles in accordance with the law for the company logo that has been successfully registered.
4. Service registration company logo of Law Minh Khue
When using the registration company logo service of Minh Khue Law, clients will receive a full service, professional, time-saving, most cost-effective, always ensuring prestige and best quality of service for clients.
If using our service of registering company logo, what clients need to do is provide a company logo that the clients intend to register, all the remaining procedure Minh Khue law will be done for the client (note: implementation of what stage of service in the 4 stages of registering the company logo depends on the service package that clients use).
Works carried out by Minh Khue:
- Counseling and answering all problems related to registering company logo in accordance with the law;
- Conducting trademark search, searching for duplicates or similar or confusing possibilities for previously registered logos;
- Follow the steps to register the company logo in accordance with the law, the steps are specified in section 3.2 above, including the preparation of documents, filing and tracking applications for the client;
- Represent client to work with competent state agencies regarding procedures for registering company logos, handling violations from the competent entities to protect clients' rights (if any);
- Receive a Certificate of Protection and hand it over to client;
- Counseling and answering relevant legal issues for clients after receiving the protection titles.
In addition, Minh Khue Law Firm also provides all other legal services related to Intellectual Property such as registration of Barcode, registration of copyright protection, registration of trademark protection, registration of patent protection, industrial property protection, ...
5. Cost of registering company logo service of Minh Khue Law
The cost of registering the logo service provided by Minh Khue Law Firm is calculated according to each stage of the work from searching, preparing documents, representatives applying, tracking applications, granting protection titles.
For the most detailed and specific information for each company logo, each stage in the process of registering the company logo, please contact Minh Khue Lawyers' lawyer for details.
- Counsel online via call center: 0986.386.648
to connect to the Intellectual Property Services Department of Minh Khue Law for the most specific advice and answers.
- Direct consultation via phone number of lawyer To Thi Phuong Dzung: 0986.386.648
- Direct consultation at Minh Khue Law Office's address at: 2nd Floor, FAFIM Building, No. 19, Nguyen Trai Street, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi City
Look forward to cooperation and development!
Intellectual Property Services Department - Minh Khue Law Company