When you just created a new product, do you want this product to have a brand belong to you or your company? Do you want this product to be absolutely protected? Simply, you only need to register the product trademark in accordance with the law.
Not everyone can understand the processes and procedures for registering a trademark of products. To register product trademarks quickly, accurately and effectively, there must be a unit or an individual who is knowledgeable about product trademark registration procedures, with more than 10 years of experience operating as an Industrial Property representative organization, Minh Khue Law Firm is always trusted and satisfied by the client when using our registration service for clients' products.
1. Concept of product trademark registration
In order to understand what product trademark registration is, first of all, we should understand what is the product trademark? We can understand product trademark is a sign expressed in the form of images, drawings, holograms that combine colors together or only the same color, from that trademark, clients can distinguish that product from other products through the specific elements of the trademark.
Accordingly, it is understandable that product trademark registration is when the owner of that product register with a competent state agency about a product trademark to attach that trademark to the product that they are doing business or producing.
In order to register a trademark of a product, it must be conducted according to certain procedures prescribed by law, the final result is that the product trademark owner is granted a Protection Title issued by a competent state agency. At this time, the brand owner of this product will have the following rights and benefits:
First, exclusive right to use the product trademark, other individuals, agencies, organizations and businesses are only allowed to use the product trademark when permitted or transferred by the trademark owner;
Secondly, the state agencies protect ownership of product trademarks;
Third, the owner has the right to request the competent agency to sanction administrative violations or to seek criminal liability or to apply temporary emergency measures to infringements of ownership of product trademarks. ;
Fourth, consumer of products will be more impressed, easier to identify for products that have been registered trademark;
Fifth, minimize the risks of copying, duplicating with other product and brand, increasing discrimination and increasing revenue for enterprises, agencies and organizations as owners of the trademark.
With the above benefits, there is no reason to not register the product trademark, the registration of the product trademark is the basis to ensure the best rights and benefits for the owner as well as contribute to attracting customers, increasing profits.
2. Where to apply for trademark registration?
In Vietnam today, only Vietnam National Office of Intellectual Property has the authority to issue the Trademark registration certificate, the address is located at 384-386, Nguyen Trai Street, Thanh Xuan Trung Ward, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi City, Vietnam. Therefore, product trademark owners can choose one of the following ways to apply for a trademark of a product:
- Method 1: Directly submit the application form and trademark registration dossier at the address of the National Office of Intellectual Property;
- Method 2: Send the application file of registration for product trademark by post, parcel delivery units;
- Method 3: Through industrial property representative organizations to submit dossiers (Minh Khue Law Firm is one of the industrial property representative organizations in Vietnam which has been granted the Certificate by the National Office of Intellectual Property).
For different ways, depending on the needs and conditions of the product trademark owner, however, in order to save time and costs, we recommend that clients apply for product trademark registration directly or through an industrial property representative organization to get the fastest, most effective, most economical result, ensuring the best interests for clients.
3. What does the trademark registration dossier include?
In order to register a product trademark successfully, the most important and fundamental step is to prepare and complete trademark registration documents, including:
- Declaration of product trademark registration in the form as prescribed generally applied nationwide and issued by the Ministry of Science and Technology;
- Product trademark sample size ≤ 08 cm x 08 cm, printed on paper as prescribed;
- Documents for payment of state fees;
- Power of attorney for organizations/individuals to carry out procedures for registering product trademarks;
- Other documents and papers (if any).
4. Procedures for product trademark registration
Based on the provisions of the current law, trademark registration procedures include the following basic steps:
Step 1: Prepare and complete product trademark based on the brand owner's idea
Step 2: Search and verify the discriminatory ability of the product trademark that is intended to register
Step 3: Prepare product trademark registration documents including documents and papers specified in Article 3
Step 4: Submit application for product trademark registration at Vietnam National Office of Intellectual Property
Step 5: Track the progress of product trademark registration records
- Monitoring in the period of formality appraisal of product trademark registration applications: In this period, the National Office of Intellectual Property will assess the validity of the application on the right to apply for trademark registration, form of the application, ... to provide a basis for the conclusion that a trademark application is valid or not valid for an official notification to the applicant. This period is usually 1 month from the date of filing the trademark application.
- Follow up in the period of publication of product trademark announcement: After the application of trademark registration is accepted as valid, the National Office of Intellectual Property will publish in the Official Gazette. The publication time is 02 months from the date the trademark application is accepted as valid.
- Monitoring in the period of content appraisal of product trademark registration application: If the application for registration of product trademark has been recognized as valid, then through this period, the National Office of Intellectual Property assess the ability to grant a product trademark registration certificate to the object stated in the application for protection of product trademarks under the protection conditions. This period is usually 09 months from the date of publication.
Step 6: Receive the results of being granted the trademark protection title
5. Service of registering trademark of Minh Khue Law
Minh Khue Law Firm is a certified organization of industrial property representatives with a representative code of 226 by the National Office of Intellectual Property in August 2017, we develop all services related to industrial property, characterizing and promoting product trademark registration. Minh Khue Law Firm provides product trademark registration service for clients:
Legal issues that we advise:
- Legal advice related to the field of intellectual property, including counseling on legal issues of product trademark registration;
- Advise and guide clients to design trademarks so that they are not duplicated, similar or easily confused with other product brands that have been registered for protection before;
- Advise and guide clients in trademark searching process to increase the possibility of successful registration;
- Counsel and guide clients to prepare trademark registration documents;
- Advising and guiding clients step by step on procedures for registering product brands at competent state agencies, advising on issues to be noted when taking specific steps from the time of submission registration form;
- Advise and guide clients to follow the application of trademark registration to receive the earliest Protection Title;
- Consult and answer all legal issues later from the time of being granted protection titles to clients.
The lawyer services we provide:
- Trademark searching service, appraising discrimination of product brands;
- Reviewing, drafting documents and papers to complete trademark registration dossiers;
- Authorized representative for customers to conduct application for product trademark registration;
- On behalf of clients to handle and resolve violations of state experts (if any);
- Monitor the progress of application for product trademark registration for clients, actively adjust, modify and supplement applications at the request of experts to ensure valid applications;
- On behalf of clients receive protection titles and hand them over to clients;
- Providing other legal services in the field of Intellectual Property such as trademark/logo registration, patent registration, industrial design registration, copyright protection registration,...
6. Cost of registering trademark of Minh Khue Law
For product trademark corresponding to different product groups, Minh Khue Law Firm will have a reasonable cost for clients, depending on each subject.
We note to clients that: The service providers that register trademarks with very cheap service prices of only a few hundred thousand or 1 million VND will certainly have additional surcharges, or also It takes three or four years to get a protection title, not to mention that they may not be able to register their trademarks for clients. On the contrary, the units with too high costs are not sure to complete the service as scheduled in the contract between the parties.
Therefore, please contact Minh Khue Law Firm to use a reputable, quality service, satisfied for you through:
- Phone number: 0986.386.648
request to meet Lawyer To Thi Phuong Dzung for advice and detailed quotation;
- By hotline: 0986.386.648
to connect with specialists and experts in the field of Intellectual Property
- Go directly to the company's headquarters: 2nd Floor, FAFIM Building, No. 19, Nguyen Trai Street, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi City.
7. Why should choose the trademark registration service of Minh Khue Law?
In the market today, there are hundreds of companies, offices and organizations of Industrial Property representatives providing product registration services. Normally, clients will surely find the best, reputable and quality service providers. So, among hundreds of companies, why should client choose Minh Khue Law Firm? Because we provide trademark registration service with outstanding benefits as follows:
- Quality guaranteed, with a team of experienced lawyers, consultants, experts in the field of Intellectual Property;
- Enthusiastic, dedicated service attitude, always follow client records, timely informing problems arising in the process of applying for exclusive trademark registration;
- Full Package service from A-> Z, clients only need to provide the necessary information, and all the remaining work we will perform;
- Reasonable service costs suitable for all customers;
- Save time, travel costs, customers just need to hold the results of the Certificate of Protection without having to travel many times, we will hand over the results to customers.
Refer to some of videos on television programs of lawyers in Minh Khue Law Firm in the field of Intellectual Property:
Lawyer: Le Minh Truong - Guidance on trademark registration procedures and fees
Lawyer Le Minh Truong participated in the 60-minute program opened on VTV6 - Consultation on intellectual property law
Lawyer: Le Minh Truong - Guidance on benefits when registering for trademark protection
Lawyer Le Minh Truong commented on the draft copyright on the collection fee for use rights
Lawyer: To Thi Phuong Dzung participated in answering the 24h Program about handling copyright infringement on the Internet
Look forward to the cooperation of customers!
Intellectual Property Department- Minh Khue Law Company