Due to the demand of the market, the economy is growing, there are many individuals and businesses always want to carry out the procedures for trademark registration. Minh Khue Law Firm will counsel the procedures for trademark registration of products for clients to refer.
1. Why do you need to register a product trademark (brand)?
Before registering the trademark for their products, most individuals and businesses have also learned the provisions of the law to know the disadvantages and benefits of registering trademark protection for products. After researching, most of them will carry out the registration of trademark, while the remaining have no need to register because there is not enough time or for simple reason, the law is not required or they just think that the product is only for a short time so it is not necessary to register to avoid losing time and money. These are only subjective reasons of some individuals because they still do not fully understand the benefits they will enjoy after registering the trademark protection.
First of all, a product trademark registration will be the legal basis for that product to have an official brand, always be legally protected by the competent state authority during the period of protection according to regulations of law, is the basis for resolving all product-related disputes. All acts of infringing upon the rights of product trademark owners are dealt with according to the provisions of law, and of course, infringing acts cause damage to product brand owners must compensate the owner.
Next, clients just spend a small amount of money to carry out the trademark registration procedure but gain a lot of benefits. Because the registration of product trademark is one of the measures to promote trade of businesses and individuals, contributing to attracting investment, attracting customers and consumers through the name of a product trademark that only the owner can use and manage. Instead of applying other forms of trade promotion such as promotions, discounts, gift giving, advertising, ... it costs a lot of costs but does not bring high efficiency. Besides, because of not registering an exclusive trademark for the product, there will be many similar, confusing, even duplicate products that copy your original product on the market and customers have more reasonable options for them. It is also because of not protecting product brands so you have no basis to request the termination of infringements of other individuals, organizations and businesses, which causes a lot of disadvantages for the businesses.
Finally, based on the registered product trademark, the owner will have a premise to develop other products, goods and services for businesses, contributing to promoting the development of business, increasing profits, If the product trademark maintains stability and development, in the near future can become a famous trademark that everyone knows.
2. Procedures for registering trademark protection
In order to successfully register a trademark, the subject whose product name is intended to register must comply with the procedures for registration of the trademark in accordance with the law, in order to minimize the applications for trademark registration are rejected or requested to amend or supplemented many times. Minh Khue Law Firm instructs customers to register product brand through the following basic steps:
Step 1: Select the competent agencies to apply for trademark protection
In accordance with the law of Vietnam, the only State agency that is competent to issue the title of protection of product trademarks is the Vietnam National Office of Intellectual Property (NOIP) in Hanoi.
Individuals, agencies, organizations and enterprises in the Central Region can submit to the Representative Office of NOIP in Da Nang City. The Southern region can be submitted through the Representative office of the NOIP in Ho Chi Minh City. These two representative offices are only authorized to receive applications, the procedures for appraising dossiers and granting protection titles are still carried out by the National Office of Intellectual Property in Hanoi.
Step 2: Prepare product registration documents
Application documents for trademark registration include the following documents:
- Declaration (application) for trademark registration in the form;
- Product trademark sample;
- Documents for payment of expenses when registering trademarks as prescribed;
- Power of attorney to carry out procedures for registration of trademarks protection;
The owner of trademark registration of a product must note that it is required to clearly state the information in the product registration declaration to avoid the lacks information and errors that lead to the application of product trademark registration returned by the National Office of Industrial Property.
Step 3: Apply for product trademark registration
Subjects registering product trademarks may submit by themselves or through an Industrial Property representative organization to conduct procedures to apply for trademark registration for their products at the National Office of Intellectual Property or at the Representative Office of the NOIP.
Step 4: Track the progress of application for product trademark registration
During the process of the National Office of Intellectual Property appraising the form of product trademark registration and appraising the contents of a product trademark registration application, if there is a requirement to amend, supplement, adjust or other request from experts of the National Office of Intellectual Property, individuals who carry out the procedures for registration of product trademarks must monitor the dossiers, promptly modify, supplement and adjust according to requirements so as to quickly and save time for granting protection title.
Especially after a valid application for a product trademark registration, a notice of payment of a certificate is issued, the certificate holder must pay the certificate granting fee as soon as possible to ensure the right and his benefits.
Step 5: Receive a trademark protection certificate
The National Office of Intellectual Property will forward the Protection title to the address of the product brand owner who declared in the product trademark registration declaration. Or you can go directly to the National Office of Intellectual Property to receive a Protection Title.
3. Service Cost of product trademark registration
The cost of trademark registration depends on the number of products that the applicant intends to register for protection. The calculation is as follows:
For state fee, including:
- Preliminary trademark search fee: Free;
- Official trademark search fee: Depending on the unit that provides product service;
- Product trademark registration fee: 1.000.000 VND (apply to 01 group of 06 products in the group);
- Fees for granting protection titles: 360.000 VND.
Service cost of Minh Khue Law Firm:
- Fee for appraising discrimination of product trademark for 01 group (06 products): 500.000 VND
- Service fee for product trademark protection registration: 1.500.000 VND
= >> Total service package fee includes state cost, protection title fee: 3.360.000 VND
4. Service of Industrial Property representative of Minh Khue Law Firm
As an industrial property representative organization licensed by the National Office of Intellectual Property, Minh Khue law firm not only provides registration services for trademark protection for products but also registers for invention protection registration, industrial design protection registration, ... We are constantly striving to give our clients the best and reputable service and satisfy all customers.
Together with a team of experienced lawyers and experts in the field of Intellectual Property:
Consultant Le Thi Thuy - Intellectual Property Department
Responsibilities of Minh Khue Law Firm as an industrial property representation organization:
- Clearly announce the charges and fees according to the provisions of law related to the procedures for establishing and ensuring the enforcement of industrial property rights;
- Keep secret the clients' information and documents handed over by clients;
- Honestly and fully notify all information;
- Requesting competent state agencies to establish and enforce industrial property rights;
- Hand over protection titles and other decision papers to Clients for keeping;
- Protecting legitimate rights and interests of clients by properly applying the provisions of law;
- Represent client to performs procedures related to changes in the name, address and other information of the industrial property owner who has been protected upon request.
5. Contact information for Minh Khue law firm
Clients can choose one of the following ways to contact directly with the team of lawyers, consultants of Minh Khue Law Firm for advice, detailed answers and quotations:
- Direct consultation at the head office of the company: 2nd Floor, FAFIM Building, No. 19, Nguyen Trai Street, Thanh Xuan District, Hanoi City or to the location where the customer requests advice. If you choose this method, please make an appointment in advance through the hotline: 0986.386.648
so that we can arrange a lawyer directly for you.
- Call the phone number: 0986.386.648
(meet Lawyer To Thi Phuong Dzung) for free advice and detailed quotation.
In addition, if clients do not need to use the service but still need to be consulted and solve problems related to Intellectual Property law, do not hesitate to call immediately to the total Free online legal advice hotline 0986.386.648
for specific advice and answers.
Thank customers for trusting and using our services!
Intellectual Property Law Department - Minh Khue Law Company