Decree No. 160/2004/ND-CP dated September 03, 2004 of the Government detailing the implementation of a number of articles on telecommunications of the Post and Telecommunications Ordinance
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, September 3, 2004
DETAILING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF A NUMBER OF ARTICLES ON TELECOMMUNICATIONS OF THE POST AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS ORDINANCE
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the May 25, 2002 Post and Telecommunications Ordinance;
At the proposal of the Post and Telematics Minister,
Article 1.- Scope of regulation
>> See also: DECREE No.107/2009/ND-CP ON TRADING OF LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS THE GOVERNMENT
1. This Decree details the implementation of a number of articles on telecommunications of the Post and Telecommunications Ordinance, which was passed on May 25, 2002 by the Standing Committee of the National Assembly.
2. The management, provision and use of Internet services shall comply with the provisions of the Government's Decree No. 55/2001/NDCP of August 23, 2001 and the relevant provisions of this Decree.
Article 2.- Subjects of application
1. This Decree applies to Vietnamese organizations and individuals; foreign organizations and individuals engaged in telecommunications activities in Vietnam in the establishment of telecommunication networks; provision and use of telecommunication services; manufacture, export and import of telecommunication equipment; construction and installation of telecommunication works.
2. Where the international agreements which Vietnam has signed or acceded to contain telecommunication provisions different from those of this Decree, such international agreements shall apply.
Article 3.- Assurance of safety for telecommunication networks and information security
1. Telecommunication networks constitute a national information infrastructure, must be protected and must not be infringed upon. Local administrations, people's armed force units and telecommunication enterprises shall have to coordinate with one another in safely protecting public telecommunication networks. Owners of private-use telecommunication networks, owners of special-use telecommunication networks, telecommunications service agents and service users shall have to protect their telecommunication networks and terminal equipment, actively participate in protecting public telecommunication networks, and at the same time notify telecommunication enterprises or competent State bodies of acts that destroy or infringe upon public telecommunication networks.
>> See also: How to establish a foreign-invested company in Vietnam?