Decree No. 79/2005/ND-CP dated June 16, 2005 of the prescribing conditions for registration and operation of agents carrying out customs procedures
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, June 16, 2005
PRESCRIBING CONDITIONS FOR REGISTRATION AND OPERATION OF AGENTS CARRYING OUT CUSTOMS PROCEDURES
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the June 29, 2001 Customs Law;
At the proposal of the Finance Minister,
Article 1.- Agents carrying out customs procedures
Agents carrying out customs procedures (hereinafter referred to as customs agents) mean traders who perform, on behalf of export and import goods owners (hereinafter referred to as goods owners), responsibilities of customs declarers according to the provisions of Clause 1, Article 16 of the Customs Law and other jobs regarding customs procedures as contracted.
Article 2.- Conditions for acting as customs agents
A customs agent must fully meet the following conditions:
1. Having made business registration according to the provisions of law;
2. Being engaged in the business line of providing the service of forwarding export or import goods, or the service of making customs declarations on others’ behalf, which is stated in its business registration certificate;
3. Having at least one (01) customs agent staff member.
4. Satisfying conditions for connecting with computer networks of customs offices for carrying out electronic customs procedures at provincial/municipal Customs Departments (hereinafter called provincial Customs Departments for short), where electronic customs procedures have been carried out.
Article 3.- Conditions for acting as customs agent staff
A customs agent staff member must satisfy the following conditions:
1. Being a Vietnamese citizen;
2. Having intermediate or higher diplomas in economics or law.
Click Download to see full text