Decree of Government No. 72/2002/ND-CP of August 06, 2002 detailing the implementation of The Ordinance on library
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, August 06, 2002
DETAILING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE ORDINANCE ON LIBRARY
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the December 28, 2000 Ordinance on Library;
In order to organize and guide the implementation of the Ordinance on Library;
At the proposal of the Minister of Culture and Information,
Article 1.- Scope of regulation and objects of application
1. This Decree details the implementation of the Ordinance on Library regarding the organization and operation of libraries; the rights and responsibilities of organizations and individuals in library activities; the State’s policies toward library development investment; and the State management over library activities.
>> See also: DECREE No.107/2009/ND-CP ON TRADING OF LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS THE GOVERNMENT
2. This Decree shall apply to:
a/ Vietnamese organizations and individuals engaged in library activities;
b/ Overseas Vietnamese, foreign organizations and individuals currently residing and working in Vietnam in library activities, unless otherwise provided for by international agreements which the Socialist Republic of Vietnam has signed or acceded to.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ORGANIZATIONS AND INDIVIDUALS IN LIBRARY ACTIVITIES
Article 2.- Responsibilities of libraries toward users of library documentary stocks
1. Libraries shall have to create conditions for Vietnamese organizations and individuals, overseas Vietnamese and foreign organizations and individuals currently residing and working in Vietnam to get access to documents at libraries or borrow them home in compliance with the libraries regulations and internal rules.
2. Local public libraries shall have to build up sections of documents in ethnic minority languages suitable to the characteristics of population in their respective localities, with a view to serving this category of readers.
3. Local public libraries, libraries of general education schools and other educational institutions, children’s cultural palaces and houses shall have to build up sections of documents suitable to children’s ability, psychological and physical characteristics and age groups; organize document-reading and -borrowing rooms to exclusively serve children.
4. Public libraries shall have to coordinate with the Blind People’s Society in building up sections of books and newspapers in Braille and other special forms of document in service of visually handicapped people.
>> See also: How to establish a foreign-invested company in Vietnam?
>> See also: Register exclusive trademark of services of sales of goods, advertisement, business management, transaction management, office operation