Circular No. 05/2005/TT-BXD dated April 12, 2005 of the Ministry of Construction guiding the contests for architectural designs of construction works
THE MINISTRY OF CONSTRUCTION
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom- Happiness
Ha Noi, April 12, 2005
GUIDING THE CONTESTS FOR ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNS OF CONSTRUCTION WORKS
- Pursuant to the Governments Decree No.36/2003/ND-CP of April 4, 2003, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Construction;
- Pursuant to Article 55 of Construction Law No.16/2003/QH11 of November 26, 2003;
- Pursuant to Article 26 of the Governments Decree No.16/2005/ND-CP of February 7, 2005 on management of investment projects on the construction of works;
- The Construction Ministry herby guides the contents for architectural designs of construction works as follows:
I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
The contents for architectural designs of construction works aim to select the best architectural options for designing and construction of works.
2. Scope of application
This Circular guides the order, procedures and forms of contest; rights and obligations of organizations and individuals involved in the contests for architectural designs of works.
3. Works which must be put up for contests
a. The following construction works, regardless of their capital sources and ownership forms, before construction investment projects are formulated, must be put up for architectural design contests:
- Headquarters of Peoples Committee of district or higher level;
- Cultural and sport works and other public facilities of grade I or special grade;
- Construction works of particular architecture in urban centers of grade 2 or higher, such as monuments, bridges, radio and television broadcasting station, central railway stations, international airports, works built in locations decisively affecting urban architectural landscape and works symbolizing local cultural or historical traditions.
b. It is encouraged to hold contests for architectural designs of works with architectural requirements, apart from works liable to contests.
4. Forms of contest
Investment deciders shall decide to organize contest for architectural designs of construction works. Depending on the size and nature of works, and timing, financial and other conditions, the following contesting forms may be opted for:
a. Domestic contest, including:
- Restricted contest.
- Unrestricted contest.
Click Download to see full text