Circular No. 07/2015/TT-BTTTT dated March 24, 2015 of the Ministry of Information and Communications on telecommunication connectivity
THE MINSTRY OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, March 24, 2015
ON TELECOMMUNICATION CONNECTIVITY
Pursuant to the Law on telecommunications dated November 23, 2009;
Pursuant to the Decree No. 25/2011/ND-CP dated April 06, 2011 by the Government providing instructions on the implementation of a number of articles of the Law on telecommunication;
Pursuant to the Decree No. 132/2013/ND-CP dated October 16, 2013 by the Government defining the functions, tasks, entitlements and organizational structure of the Ministry of Information and Communications;
At the request of the Director of the Vietnam Telecommunications Authority,
The Minister of Information and Communications promulgates the Circular on telecommunications connectivity.
Article 1. Scope of regulation
This Circular provides for telecommunications interconnection (hereinafter referred to as interconnection) among public telecommunications networks, telecommunications services of telecommunications enterprises in Vietnam, including: standard, quality and charge of interconnection; negotiation, contracting, execution of interconnection and settlement of disputes about interconnection; sharing technical infrastructure for the interconnecting activities.
Article 2. Regulated entities
This Circular applies to State management agencies, organizations and individuals relating to the interconnecting activities among public telecommunications networks, telecommunications services of telecommunications enterprises in Vietnam.
Article 3. Interpretation of terms
In this Circular, these terms can be construed as follows:
1. Place of connection means where a system of telecommunications devices is located for circuit switching, routing, controlling, monitoring data traffic between two connected telecommunications networks.
2. Connecting line means a cable connecting 2 places of connection, functioning for transmitting data between two connected telecommunications networks. Connecting capacity means capacity of the connecting line.
3. Connecting device means a device located at a place of connectivity for transmitting data between two connected telecommunications networks.
4. Points of interconnection (POI) mean a point lying on the connecting line that functions as a boundary defining the economic and technical responsibilities between two telecommunications networks joining the interconnection system.
5. Interconnection providing enterprise means a telecommunications enterprise that is requested by another telecommunications enterprise to provide interconnection.
6. Interconnection requesting enterprise means a telecommunications enterprise that requests another telecommunications enterprise to provide interconnection.
7. Interconnection agreement means an agreement of economy and technique between telecommunications enterprises serving the interconnection among public telecommunications networks, telecommunications services.