Circular No. 12/2009/TT-BXD dated June 24, 2009, detailing the issuance of construction practice certificates
THE MINISTRY OF CONSTRUCTION
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, June 24, 2009
DETAILING THE ISSUANCE OF CONSTRUCTION PRACTICE CERTIFICATES
Pursuant to the Government s Decree No. 17/2008/ND-CP of April 2, 2008, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Construction;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 12/2009/ND-CP of February 12, 2009, on the management of work construction investment projects;
The Ministry of Construction details the issuance of construction practice certificates as follows:
Article 1. Persons to be issued construction practice certificates
1. Architect profession practice certificates, construction engineer profession practice certificates and construction supervision practice certificates (below collectively referred to as construction practice certificates) may be issued to Vietnamese citizens, overseas Vietnamese and foreigners lawfully conducting construction activities in Vietnam who apply for those certificates and satisfy all capability conditions in the domains they register for practice as specified in Articles 38, 39 and 40 of the Government's Decree No. 12/2009/ND-CP of February 12, 2009, on the management of work construction investment projects (below referred to as Decree 12/CP).
2. Foreigners or overseas Vietnamese who already possess practice certificates issued by foreign agencies or organizations and remaining effective may have these certificates recognized for practice. When practicing their professions in Vietnam, these individuals shall send lawfully authenticated Vietnamese translations of these practice certificates to provincial-level Construction Departments of localities where they operate for information and management.
3. Civil servants performing state administration jobs will not be issued construction practice certificates.
Article 2. Construction practice certificates
1. Construction practice certificates shall be uniformly issued by the Ministry of Construction. Such a certificate has a hard cover of 85 mm x 125 mm in size. It shall be made according to a form provided in Appendix 3 A, 3B or 3C to this Circular (not printed herein), and has its color specified below:
a/ Blue, for architect profession practice certificates;
b/ Brown, for engineer profession practice certificates;
c/ For construction supervision practice certificates:
Red, for certificates issued to holders of university degree;
Pink, for certificates issued to holders of collegial and intermediate degrees.
2. Method of numbering a construction practice certificate:
a/ A certificate number comprises 3 sets of signs as follows:
- The first set of signs is based on the kind of certificate (i.e., KTS, for architect profession practice certificates; KS, for engineer profession practice certificates; GS1, for construction supervision practice certificates in red; and GS2, for construction supervision practice certificates in pink);
- The second set of signs is the telephone code of the locality (province or centrally run city);
- The third set of signs is the 5-digit serial number of the certificate.
The three sets are linked by hyphens (-).
For example: For an individual, the Hanoi Construction Department will issue an architect profession practice certificate No. KTS-04-00001.
b/ Signs of a re-issued certificate:
For re-issued practice certificates, the third set of signs will be followed by letter A (B or C) denoting the first (second or third) re-issuance.
For example: An individual who has been issued an architect profession practice certificate by the Hanoi Construction Department now applies for the re-issuance of such certificate because it is lost, torn or crumpled. Upon expiration of the use duration or the time limit for first revocation, the re-issued practice certificate is numbered KTS-04-00001-A.
3. A construction practice certificate comprises:
a/ Information on personal identification of the certificate holder;
b/ Trained professional qualifications;
c/ Domain and scope of practice;
d/ Validity duration of the certificate;