Circular No. 26/2012/TT-BKHCN dated December 12, 2012 of the Ministry of Science and Technology on the state inspection of quality of goods in circulation
THE MINISTRY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, December 12th 2012
ON THE STATE INSPECTION OF QUALITY OF GOODS IN CIRCULATION
Pursuant to the Law on Product and goods quality dated November 21st 2007;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 132/2008/NĐ-CP dated December 31st 2008, detailing the implementation of a number of articles of the Law on Product and goods quality;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 89/2006/NĐ-CP dated August 30th 2006 on goods labels;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 28/2008/NĐ-CP dated March 14th 2008, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Science and Technology;
The Minister of Science and Technology issues a Circular on the state inspection of quality of goods in circulation,
Article 1. Scope of regulation and subjects of application
1. This Circular deals with the content, order, procedures, and organization of the state inspection of quality of goods in circulation.
2. This Circular is applicable to the product quality inspection agencies and the goods belonging to the Ministries, local authorities, relevant organizations and individuals.
Article 2. Subjects of inspection
1. The goods circulating on the Vietnam’s market.
2. The specialized goods serving National defense and security are not the inspection subjects of this Circular.
Article 3. Interpretation of terms
In this Circular, the terms below are construed as follows:
1. Goods in circulation include the goods in transit, goods being displayed, promoted goods, and goods in storage during the trading of goods, except for the transit of goods of the organizations and individuals that import goods from the border checkpoint to warehouses.
2. Other terms in this Circular shall be construed in accordance with the interpretation in Article 3 of the Law on Product and goods quality.