Circular No. 31/2014/TT-NHNN dated November 11, 2014 of the State Bank of Vietnam amending and supplementing a number of articles of Circular No. 35/2013/TT-NHNN of December 31, 2013, guiding the implementation of a number of provisions on anti-money laundering
THE STATE BANK OF VIETNAM
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, November 11, 2014
Amending and supplementing a number of articles of Circular
No. 35/2013/TT-NHNN of December 31, 2013, guiding the implementation of a number of provisions on anti-money laundering
Pursuant to June 16, 2010 Law No. 46/2010/QH12 on the State Bank of Vietnam;
Pursuant to June 18, 2012 Anti-Money Laundering Law No. 07/2012/QH13;
Pursuant to June 12, 2013 Counter-Terrorism Law No. 28/2013/QH13;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 116/2013/ND-CP of October 4, 2013, detailing a number of articles of the Anti-Money Laundering Law;
>> See also: DECREE No.107/2009/ND-CP ON TRADING OF LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS THE GOVERNMENT
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 156/2013/ND-CP of November 11, 2013, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the State Bank of Vietnam;
At the proposal of the Chief Inspector of the Banking Supervisory Agency;
The State Bank Governor promulgates the Circular amending and supplementing a number of articles of Circular No. 35/2013/TT-NHNN of December 31, 2013, guiding the implementation of a number of provisions on anti-money laundering (below referred to as Circular No. 35/2013/TT-NHNN).
Article 1. To amend and supplement a number of articles of Circular No. 35/2013/TT-NHNN as follows:
1. To amend Clauses 2, 3 and 4, Article 3 as follows:
“2. Additionally collecting the following information:
a/ For an individual client:
- His/her monthly income in the last 3 (three) months;
- Name, address and telephone number of the agency, organization or owner of the establishment where he/she works or earns most of his/her income;
b/ For an institutional client:
>> See also: How to establish a foreign-invested company in Vietnam?
- The production, business or service line that generates most of its turnover;
- The total turnover in the last 2 (two) years;
- The list (full names, permanent residence addresses) of members of the Board of Directors or Members’ Council, members of the Executive Board, the chief accountant or equivalent posts;
- Name, address and at-law or proxy representative of the parent company (if the client is a subsidiary company) or the list of names, addresses and at-law or proxy representatives of branches, subsidiary companies and representative offices (if the client is a parent company).
3. Supervising transactions of clients in order to ensure that clients’ transactions conform with the nature or purposes of establishing relations and operation of clients; promptly detecting abnormal transactions and examining reports on suspicious transactions when having adequate reasonable grounds prescribed by law.
 Công Báo Nos 1013-1014 (29/11/2014)
>> See also: Register exclusive trademark of services of sales of goods, advertisement, business management, transaction management, office operation