Circular No. 64/2011/TT-BGTVT dated December 26, 2011 of the Ministry of Transport providing for measures for economical and efficient use of energy in transport activities
THE MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi , December 26, 2011
PROVIDING FOR MEASURES FOR ECONOMICAL AND EFFICIENT USE OF ENERGY IN TRANSPORT ACTIVITIES
Pursuant to the June 28, 2010 Law on Economical and Efficient Use of Energy;
Pursuant to the Decree No. 51/2008/ND-CP of April 22, 2008 of the Government regulating functions, duties, powers and organizational structure of Ministry of Transport;
Pursuant to the Decree No. 21/2011/ND-CP of March 29, 2011 of the Government detailing and providing for implement measures for the Law on Economical and Efficient Use of Energy;
The Minister of Transport provides measures for economical and efficient use of energy in transport activities as follows:
Article 1. Scope of regulation
This circular provides measures for economical and efficient use of energy in transport activities.
Article 2. Objectives of application
>> Xem thêm: DECREE No.107/2009/ND-CP ON TRADING OF LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS THE GOVERNMENT
This Circular applies to organizations and individuals involved in the planning of traffic; activities of traffic work investment and construction; production of, assembly and import the transport vehicles for circulation; transport activities.
Article 3. The measures for economical and efficient use of energy in planning, construction and upgrading of transport works.
Organizations and individuals, when develop strategies, planning of transport development, must bring content of economical and efficient use of energy into criteria for project selection; give priority to develop public transport, transportation means with big mass, high energy use efficiency (railways, waterways and other transport means); pay attention to possibility of connecting transport mode for fuel saving.
2. Investment in construction and upgrading of transport works
a) Organizations and individuals, when take part in designing, setting up projects of transportation system investment and development, are encouraged to select route directions have short distance, may utilize flow, restrain slope; to select fuel saving technology and construction solution; to optimize supplying sources of raw materials in order to reduce transported volume, improve energy use efficiency and limit environmental pollution.
b) The construction units are responsible for: application of measures for economical and efficiency use of energy outlined in the approved project; rational use of machines and construction equipment, building and performing norms for fuel and machine shift, norm of maintenance and repair in order to improve fuel use efficiency of construction machines and equipment.
c) The units to which the transport works are handed for exploiting and using shall be responsible for maintenance as regulated, maintaining the technical condition of the work to reduce fuel consumption in transport exploiting.
Article 4. Measures for economical and efficient use of energy in transportation activities
1. Organization of transport
>> Xem thêm: How to establish a foreign-invested company in Vietnam?
a) Organizations and individuals, when building transportation project, must bring content of economical and efficient use of energy into selection criteria for the project. To give priority to options which shortening transport distance, raising advantage coefficient of load and distance.
b) To encourage organizations and individuals engaging in transport business to apply technology in transport management and operation; to combine transportation modes to improve energy use efficiency in transportation activities at their units.
2. Investment and management in use of transportation vehicles
Organizations and individuals engaging in transportation business are responsible for:
a) Develop and implement norms for fuel consumption at enterprises; annually update and complete the norm for the purpose of promoting the economical and efficient use of energy in accordance with the law.
b) Develop norms and adhere to periodical technical maintenance regimen of transport facilities and equipment during the use and exploitation process at enterprises in order to maintain the technical condition and improve energy use efficiency.
c) Comply with the service life of transportation vehicles and build removal plan of vehicles that are no longer to ensure the level of minimum energy efficiency under current regulations.
3. Promoting the application of new technologies, new energy in transportation.
Organizations and individuals inside and outside transport sector are entitled to combine resources according to current regulations in order to research and apply new technologies, use new energy, renewable energy to improve energy use efficiency in transportation activities.
Article 5. Management of the norm of fuel consumption level of vehicles for purpose of management of economical and efficient energy use
>> Xem thêm: Register exclusive trademark of services of sales of goods, advertisement, business management, transaction management, office operation
1. Transportation means which are manufactured, assembled, imported for circulation shall meet the national technical standards on fuel consumption promulgated by the competent agencies.
2. Organizations and individuals engaging in transportation business must bring the norm of fuel consumption level for 1000 transportation production units (T.Km; Hk.Km) into the system of technical and economical norms for mean operation of their units; execute of management and technical measures to reduce such norm in their units.
Article 6. The regime of reporting, statistic of energy use
1. Transport Enterprises are being subject of key energy use establishments prescribed in point a, Clause 1, Article 6 of the Decree No. 21/2011/ND-CP shall be responsible for assign the energy management person for building 5-year and annual plans of energy use, reporting the annual energy use situation under the guidance of the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
2. Department of Transport of provinces and centrally-run cities shall coordinate with local agencies to update the list of key energy-use transport establishments under their corresponding management as prescribed in Clause 2, Article 7 of the Decree No. 21/2011/ND-CP and in the guidance of the Ministry of Industry and Trade and report to Ministry of Transport before February 01 each year.
3. Ministerial State Groups, Corporations are responsible for reviewing and build up the list of key energy use establishments as prescribed in Clause 2, Article 7 of Decree No. 21/2011/ND-CP; synthesizing plans and report on the use situation of the energy of affiliated units in accordance with Article 10 of the Decree No. 21/2011/ND-CP and sending to the Ministry of Transport before February 01 each year.
Article 7. Responsibilities of agencies
1. Department of Environment
a) To speed up, supervise, summarize the performance situation of law on economical and efficient use of energy in transportation activities, and annually report the performance result to the Heads of Ministries.
b) To advise and propose combination of funding sources to deploy schemes and projects of scientific and technology research and application, new energy applications in order to improve energy use efficiency in transportation activities under the current regulations
>> Xem thêm: How to establish a branch of a foreign company in Vietnam?
2. Department of Transportation
To advise and propose mechanisms and policies stimulating the development of public transportation; the regulating methods of transport demand among modes of transport; to restrict means with passed low capacity, spending lot of fuel; to promote the development of economically and efficiently consuming energy use transportation modes
3. The Vietnam Register
a) To develop and submit to the Ministry of Transport for promulgation the national technical standard and norms on fuel consumption for some transportation means suitable to each period as stipulated in Point a, Clause 4, Article 33 of the Decree No. 21/2011/ND-CP of the Government.
b) To examine, test and certify the fuel consumption norms under national technical standard for each type of manufactured, assembled and imported transportation means.
c) To test the technical safety and environmental protection; to examine the compliance of regulations on service life of vehicles promulgated by state authorities.
4. Directorate for Road of Vietnam, The Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam, the Vietnam Maritime Administration, the Vietnam Railway Administration and the Vietnam Inland Waterways Administration:
a) To implement measures for economical and efficient use of energy in the organization and administration of the transportation system as assigned.
b) To examine and supervise the implementation of regulations on economical and efficient use of energy of their units in the management scope; to annually report on performance result to the Ministry of Transport.
5. Departments of Transport
>> Xem thêm: Register a trademark protection for pharmaceutical products and dietary supplements in Vietnam?
a) To organize guidance, dividing of traffic flows in order to restrain traffic congestion, to reduce transportation distances, to develop and improve the deployment efficiency of public transport routes; depending on the conditions of each urban areas, to boost development of non-motorized transportation (walking streets; roads dedicated for cycling...).
b) To implement measures for economical and efficient use of energy in the organization and administration of the transport system, management of transport means as assigned, report to the Ministry of Transport on the performance result of State management regulations on economical and efficient use of energy in local transportation activities.
Article 8. Effect
1. This circular takes effect 45 days after the signing date.
2. Chief of Ministry Office, Chief of Ministry Inspectorate, Heads of Ministerial-under Agencies, General Director of the Directorate for Road of Vietnam, Directors of Departments, Directors of Transport Departments of provinces, centrally-run cities, Heads of agencies, organizations and concerned individuals are responsible for implementing this Circular. /.
MINISTER OF TRANSPORT
Dinh La Thang
>> Xem thêm: Register a trademark for vehicles and parts of vehicles in Vietnam?