THE MINISTRY OF CONSTRUCTION
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Hanoi, February 20, 2008
PROMULGATING THE REGULATION ON MANAGEMENT OF INFORMATION ON CAPABILITIES OF ORGANIZATIONS ENGAGED IN CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES THROUGH THE CONSTRUCTION MINISTRYS WEBSITE
THE MINISTER OF CONSTRUCTION
Pursuant to Construction Law No. 16/2003/QH11 of November 26, 2003;
Pursuant to the Governments Decree No. 17/2008/ND-CP of February 4, 200S, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Construction;
Pursuant to the Governments Decree No. 16/2005/ND-CP of February 7, 2005, on the management of investment projects on construction of works;
Pursuant to the Governments Decree No. 112/2006/ND-CP of September 29, 2006, amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Governments Decree No. 16/2005/ND-CP of
February 7, 2005, on the management of investment projects on construction of works;
At the proposal of the director of the Construction and Installation Department;
Article 1. To promulgate together with this Decision the Regulation on management of information on capabilities of organizations engaged in construction activities through the Construction Ministrys website.
Article 2. This Decision takes effect 15 days after its publication in CONG BAO.
Article 3. Organizations engaged in construction activities and concerned agencies, organizations and individuals shall implement this Decision.
FOR THE MINISTER OF CONSTRUCTION
ON MANAGEMENT OF INFORMATION OF CAPABILITIES OF ORGANIZATIONS ENGAGED IN CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES THROUGH THE CONSTRUCTION .MINISTRYS WEBSITE
(Promulgated together with the Construction Ministers Decision No. 02/2008/QD-BXD of Febmaiy 20, 2008)
Article 1. Objectives
The promulgation of this Regulation aims:
1. To manage construction capabilities and activities through the supply of information by organizations engaged in construction activities.
>> See also: How to establish a foreign-invested company in Vietnam?
2. To help investors and concerned agencies obtain information on capabilities of domestic and foreign organizations and individuals engaged in construction activities in Vietnam.
3. To help organizations engaged in construction activities disseminate information on their capabilities and activities toward an open and transparent construction market.
4. To help state management agencies obtain grounds for evaluating and grading construction capabilities of organizations and, at the same time, to supervise construction activities of organizations so as to propose mechanisms and policies to boost the development and improvement of capabilities of organizations engaged in construction activities.
Article 2. Scope and subjects of application
This Regulation provides for the supply, exploitation and management of the system of information on capabilities and activities of domestic and foreign organizations engaged in construction consultancy and construction in Vietnam through the Construction Ministrys website.
INFORMATION ON CONSTRUCTION CAPABILITIES
Article 3. Principles on the supply and management of information on construction capabilities and activities
1. Organizations directly engaged in construction activities in Vietnam shall register information relating to their construction activities according to Articles 4 and 5 of this Regulation.
Organizations directly engaged in construction activities include:
a/ Enterprises which have made business registration for construction consultancy or construction in accordance with the law on enterprises;
b/ Other organizations such as cooperatives, research institutes, professional schools and centers which are lawfully set up and have the function of doing independent business in the domain of construction consultancy and construction.
2. Information supplied by organizations engaged in construction activities means information directly relating to construction consultancy and construction activities conducted by these organizations.
3. Information on construction organizations published on the Construction Ministrys website constitutes one of the grounds for investors to make reference about contractors capabilities and experience in the course of selecting contractors to perform construction consultancy and construction bidding packages.
>> See also: How to establish a branch of a foreign company in Vietnam?