Decision No. 04/2004/QD-BTNMT dated April 05, 2004 of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment approving the action plan on the conservation and sustainable development of submerged areas in the 2004-2010 period
THE MINISTRY OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, April 5, 2004
APPROVING THE ACTION PLAN ON THE CONSERVATION AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OF SUBMERGED AREAS IN THE 2004-2010 PERIOD
THE MINISTER OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT
Pursuant to the Law on Environmental Protection of December 27, 1993;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 91/2002/ND-CP of November 11, 2002 defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 109/2003/ND-CP of September 23, 2003 on the conservation and sustainable development of submerged areas;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister's Decision No. 845/TTg of December 22, 1995 approving "Vietnam's action plan on bio-diversity";
At the proposals of the director of the Environmental Protection Department and the director of the Legal Department,
Article 1.- To approve the Action Plan on the Conservation and Sustainable Development of Submerged Areas in the 2004-2010 period with the following principal contents:
>> See also: DECREE No.107/2009/ND-CP ON TRADING OF LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS THE GOVERNMENT
a/ Overall objectives
The conservation and sustainable development of submerged areas in Vietnam aim to meet the requirements on socio-economic development, hunger elimination and poverty alleviation, and protection of natural resources, environment and bio-diversity.
b/ Specific objectives towards 2006
- To perfect a mechanism for inter-branch coordination in the conservation and sustainable development of submerged areas.
- To integrate the issue of conservation and sustainable development of submerged areas into legal documents, which are being elaborated, amended or supplemented, especially the Law on Environmental Protection, the Law on Forest Protection and Development, the Law on Minerals, the Law on Water Resources and the Law on Bio-Diversity.
- To work out policies to encourage local inhabitants to participate in the conservation and sustainable development of submerged areas.
- To elaborate and apply guidances on conservation and sustainable development of submerged land in particular submerged areas.
- To build a database on important submerged areas.
- To build up models of smart use and sustainable development in specific submerged areas for different ecological systems.
>> See also: How to establish a foreign-invested company in Vietnam?
- To work out and implement programs on raising the awareness of submerged land.
>> See also: Register exclusive trademark of services of sales of goods, advertisement, business management, transaction management, office operation