Decision No. 05/2013/QD-TTg dated January 15, 2013 of the Prime Minister on Vietnamese citizens studying abroad
THE PRIME MINISTER
Decision No. 05/2013/QD-TTg of January 15, 2013, on Vietnamese citizens studying abroad
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the June 14, 2005 Education Law; the November 25, 2009 Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Education Law;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 75/2006/ND-CP of August 2, 2006, detailing and guiding a number of articles of the Education Law; the Government’s Decree No. 31/2011/ND-CP of May 11, 2011, amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Government’s Decree No. 75/2006/ND-CP of August 2, 2006, detailing and guiding a number of articles of the Education Law;
At the proposal of the Minister of Education and Training,
The Prime Minister promulgates the Decision on Vietnamese citizens studying abroad.
Article 1. Scope of regulation
This Decision provides the management of Vietnamese citizens studying abroad, the management of overseas study counseling services, commendation and handling of violations for overseas students and organizations sending Vietnamese citizens abroad for study or providing overseas study counseling services.
Article 2. Subjects of application
This Decision applies to the following organizations and individuals:
1. Vietnamese citizens studying abroad for 6 consecutive months or longer.
2. Organizations sending Vietnamese citizens abroad for study or providing overseas study counseling services.
3. Vietnamese agencies and organizations at home and abroad responsible for managing Vietnamese citizens studying abroad.
Article 3. Interpretation of terms
In this Decision, the terms below are construed as follows:
1. Vietnamese citizens studying abroad include pupils, students, learners, postgraduates, interns and persons attending training or retraining courses for 6 consecutive months or longer (below referred to as overseas students).
2. Scholarship overseas student is a person who studies abroad and receives all or part of training, travel and living expenses and other study-related expenses from one or more funding sources below:
a/ State budget through ministries, sectors, provincial-level People’s Committees and state agencies and enterprises;
b/ Scholarships under cooperation agreements between Vietnam and other countries or international organizations;
c/ Scholarships funded by foreign governments, territories, international organizations, non-governmental organizations or individuals through the Vietnamese Government.