Decision No. 103/2006/QD-TTg dated May 15, 2006 of the Prime Minister approving the Scheme on experimental formation of VINASHIN Group
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, May 15, 2006
APPROVING THE SCHEME ON EXPERIMENTAL FORMATION OF VINASHIN GROUP
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the November 26, 2003 Law on State Enterprises;
Pursuant to the June 12, 1999 Enterprise Law;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 153/ 2004/ND-CP of August 9, 2004, on organization and management of state corporations and transformation of state corporations and independent state companies after the parent-subsidiary company model;
Considering the proposal of Vietnam Shipbuilding Industry Corporation's Managing Board,
Article 1.- To approve the scheme on experimental formation of VINASHIN Group with the following contents:
1. To form, on the basis of restructuring and reorganizing Vietnam Shipbuilding Industry Corporation, VINASHIN Economic Group under multiple ownership with state ownership playing the dominant role, consisting of enterprises with 100% state capital and enterprises under multiple ownership (hereinafter referred to as VINASHIN Group); having modern technologies and management and high specialization; doing multiple business lines with ship building and repair and ocean shipping being principal business lines; closely combining production and business with science, technology, research and development, and training; acting as the core for Vietnam's shipbuilding industry to develop fast and sustainably, and effectively compete and integrate in the world economy.
2. The relations between VINASHIN Group's parent company and state owners, subsidiary companies and associated companies shall comply with the provisions of law and the Charter on organization and operation of the parent company.
The Government shall manage and organize the exercise of rights and the performance of responsibilities of the state owner with respect to VINASHIN Group. The Prime Minister shall assign ministries, ministerial-level agencies, government-attached agencies and Vietnam Shipbuilding Industry Group's Managing Board to exercise a number of the owner's rights according to current regulations which are specified in the decision on the formation of the parent company, Vietnam Shipbuilding Industry Group, and in the Charter on organization and operation of the parent company.
3. The parent company, Vietnam Shipbuilding Industry Group, is a state company. It shall function to make financial investment in other enterprises, dominate its subsidiary companies through capital, technologies, brands and markets, and organizes principal production and business lines of VINASHIN Group.
The parent company shall be composed of:
- The Shipbuilding Industry Consultancy and Design Company;
- The Information and Control Technique Company;
- Vinashin Import and Export Company;
- Vinashin Industrial Development Company;
- The Southern Shipbuilding Industry Investment and Development Company;
- The Center for Foreign Cooperation in Labor Training;
- The Information Technology Center.
Click Download to see full text