THE VIETNAM SOCIAL INSURANCE
Decision No. 1055/QD-BHXH dated October 2, 2013 of the Vietnam Social Insurance on promulgating form of health insurance card
GENERAL DIRECTOR OF THE VIETNAM SOCIAL INSURANCE
Pursuant to the Law on health insurance No. 25/2008/QH12 dated November 14, 2008;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 94/2008/ND-CP dated August 22, 2008, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of Vietnam social insurance; Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 116/2011/ND-CP dated December 14, 2011, amending and supplementing a number of Articles of the Government’s Decree No. 94/2008/ND-CP dated August 22, 2008, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of Vietnam social insurance;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 62/2009/ND-CP dated July 27, 2009, detailing and guiding a number of articles of the law on health insurance;
Pursuant to the Joint Circular No. 09/2009/TTLT-BYT-TC dated August 14, 2009, of the Ministry of Health, and the Ministry of Finance, guiding implementation of health insurance;
At the proposal of Head of division of issuing insurance books and cards,
Article 1. To promulgate regulations on form of health insurance card for consistent use nationwide.
Article 2. Prints of health insurance card have dimension, material and appearance as follows:
1. Dimension: Length of 98 mm, width of 66 mm, according to frame of outer edge of card (sufficient for printing 08 health insurance card prints on 01 page, size A4).
2. Material: White paper, weight of 200g/m2, ensured on durability, and gloss able to print picture of persons participating in health insurance.
3. Appearance: White background, a dim symbol of Vietnam Social Insurance is in the middle with cobalt blue and circles spreading around, color gradually reduced, distance from center of symbol of Vietnam social insurance to the outer circle is 12 mm; there is a frame for hemming printed by double line with cobalt blue.
3.1. The front side:
3.1.1. Adjacent to the left margin of health insurance card:
- On the top, print a symbol of Vietnam social insurance with cobalt blue, diameter of 10mm, tamper-proof reflective material is used.
- Next lower position for affixing or printing picture of persons participating in health Insurance.
- At the bottom, it is position to print barcode.
3.1.2. Adjacent to the right margin of health insurance card:
- On the top, there is phrase “VIETNAM SOCIAL INSURANCE”, the underline with cobalt blue, font .VntimeH, bolt, size 10.
- Next lower position, there is phrase “HEALTH INSURANCE CARD”, red, font .VntimeH, bolt, size 12.
- Along to hem of right margin of health insurance card, print “serial number” of the print of health insurance card, red, font .Vntime, size of 10 to 12, including 10 characters, in which: 02 first characters is number (from 01 to 99) suitable with provincial code prescribed in Decision No. 124/2004/QD-TTg dated July 08, 2004, of the Prime Minister, particularly, 02 first characters of health insurance prints issued by social insurance agencies of the Ministry of National Defense will be 97, issued by social insurance agencies of People’s Pubic Security will be 98, issued by social insurance agencies of the Cipher Board of Government will be 99. And 8 following characters will be numbers (natural number from 00000001 to 99999999).
- Unit seals of social insurance agencies of provinces and central-affiliated cities (hereinafter collectively referred to as provincial social insurance agencies) are printed on health insurance card prints, diameter of 21mm, red, tamper-proof reflective material is used. Position from internal edge of frame at right of card to outer edge of seal will be 28 mm, from internal edge of frame hem at below of card to outer edge of seal will be 2mm.