Decision No. 115/2007/QD-TTg of July 23, 2007, on issuing regulations on ensuring the security of radioactive sources
THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom Happiness
Hanoi, July 23rd, 2007
ON ISSUING REGULATIONS ON ENSURING THE SECURITY OF RADIOACTIVE SOURCES
THE PRIME MINISTER
Based on the Law of the Governmental organisation issued on the 25th December 2001;
Based on the Ordinance on Radiation Safety and Control issued on 25th June 1996;
Considering the proposal from the Minister of Science and Technology,
Article 1. To issue the Regulations on the security of radioactive sources in accompaniment with this Decision.
Article 2. Within 60 days from the day this Decision enters into force, organisations, individuals handling, using, storing, transporting the radioactive sources shall apply all of the measures for ensuring the security as promulgated in this Regulations in accompaniment with this Decision.
Article 3. This Decision enters into force 15 days after having been published in the Public Gazette.
The Minister of Science and Technology shall have the responsibility to organise and provide guidance for the implementation of this Decision.
Article 4. Ministers, Heads of Ministrial-equivalent agencies, Heads of Governmental Offices and Chairpersons of Provincial/ City Peoples Committees shall have the responsibility to implement this Decision./.
- Secretariat of the CPV Central Committee ;
- The Prime Minister, Deputy Prime Ministers;
- Ministries, Ministrial-equivalent agencies, Governmental offices;
- Provincial/ City Peoples Committees;
- Party Central Office and Commissions;
- The Presidents Office;
- Ethnic Council and National Assembly Committees;
- National Assembly Office;
- Peoples Supreme Court;
- Peoples Supreme Procuracy;
- Central committees of Vietnamese Fatherland Front;
- Central Office of Mass Organisations;
- Government Office: Minister, Vice Ministers, Government website, 112 governing body, Prime Ministers spokesman, Departments, Agencies, Bodies directly under Government office, Public Gazette;
- Archieved: Administrative Office, KG (5b).
THE PRIME MINISTER
Nguyen Tan Dung
ON ENSURING THE SECURITY OF RADIOACTIVE SOURCES
(Promulgated in accompaniment with Decision No. .115/2007/QĐ-TTg dated 23rd July 2007 by the Prime Minister)
Article 1. Scope
1. This Regulations specify the responsibilities for ensuring the security of sealed radioactive sources with radioactivity greater than the exemption level regulated in related national technical standards.
2. Ensuring security for nuclear material shall be regulated in a separate document due to its own specificity.
Article 2. Subjects of Application
This Regulations applies to Vietnamese organisations and individuals, and foreign organisations and individuals who conduct, on the territory of Vietnam, radiation activities related to radioactive sources specified in Item 1, Article 1 of this Regulations.
Article 3. Definitions
For the purpose of this Regulations:
1. Ensuring security of radioactive sources means the application of measures to prevent unauthorised access, theft, sabotage or unauthorised transfer of, radioactive sources; ensure the confidentiality of information related to the security of radioactive sources.
2. Sealed source (hereinafter for short referred as radioactive source) means radioactive material that is permanently sealed in a capsule or closely bounded by a material having specific structure so as to ensure the leak-tightness of radioactive substance under normal conditions.
3. Security lock means a lock that is designed with high reliability and security to meet requirements for source security.
4. Protected area means the area around the location where the radioactive source is located and is strictly controlled in order to prevent any unauthorised access.
5. Accounting means physically checking that all sources are present in their expected location. This may be satisfied by an appropriate radiation survey or visual counting.