Decision no. 12/2006/QD-BBCVT of April 26, 2006 promulgating the regulation on interconnection between public telecommunications networks
THE MINISTRY OF POST AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, April 26, 2006
PROMULGATING THE REGULATION ON INTERCONNECTION BETWEEN PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORKS
THE MINISTER OF POST AND TELEMATICS
Pursuant to the May 25, 2002 Ordinance on Post and Telecommunications;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 90/2002/ ND-CP of November 11, 2004, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Post and Telematics;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 160/ 2004/ND-CP of September 3, 2004, detailing the implementation of a number of articles of the Ordinance on Post and Telecommunications concerning telecommunications;
At the proposal of the director of the Telecommunications Department and the head of the Working Group for Public Telecommunications Network and Service Interconnection,
Article 1.- To issue together with this Decision the Regulation on interconnection between public telecommunications networks.
Article 2.- This Decision takes effect 15 days after its publication in "CONG BAO."
Article 3.- The director of the Office, the director of the Telecommunications Department, the head of the Working Group for Public Telecommunication Network and Service Interconnection, heads of agencies and units under the Ministry, and general directors or directors of telecommunications enterprises shall have to implement this Decision.
MINISTER OF POST AND TELEMATICS
Do Trung Ta
ON INTERCONNECTION BETWEEN PUBLIC TELECOMMUNICATIONS NETWORKS
(Issued together with the Post and Telematics Minister's Decision No. 12/2006/QD-BBCVT of April 26, 2006)
Article 1.- Scope and subjects of application
1. This Regulation provides for effecting network interconnection in order to ensure the capacity, quality and time of interconnection (hereinafter referred to as interconnection capacity for short).
2. This Regulation applies to the implementation of agreements on interconnection between the following public telecommunications networks:
a/ Fixed telecommunications networks (local, domestic long-distance and international);
b/ Mobile telecommunications networks (regional and national).
3. Subjects of application: Telecommunications enterprises.
Article 2.- Interpretation of terms
Terms used in this Regulation are construed as follows:
1. Interconnection means the physical and logical link between telecommunications networks to enable service users of a network to have access to users or services of another network and vice versa.
2. Points of interconnection (POI) mean points lying on the route interconnecting two interconnected switchboards and serving as a boundary defining the economic and technical responsibilities between two telecommunications networks of two enterprises.
3. Direction of interconnection means a route that interconnects two interconnected switchboards, including a group of trunks reserved under the agreement between two interconnecting enterprises.
4. E1 trunks mean 2048 kb/s digital trunks defined in Regulation ITU-T G.701 of the International Telecommunications Union.
5. Monthly charge for hiring local E1 trunks means the rate of monthly charge for hiring a local E1 trunk portal, issued by the Ministry of Post and Telematics.
6. Interconnection-providing enterprises mean enterprises that are requested by other enterprises to provide interconnection.
7. Interconnection-requesting enterprises mean enterprises that request other enterprises to provide interconnection.
8. Internal interconnection means interconnection between telecommunications networks of members units of a telecommunications enterprise.
9. Inter-network interconnection means interconnection between telecommunications networks of different telecommunications enterprises.
Article 3.- Principles of network interconnection: