Decision No. 1278/QD-BYT dated April 20, 2010 of the Ministry of Health stipulating functions, tasks, power and organizational Structure of The Health Environment Management Agency of the ministry of health
THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi April 20, 2010
STIPULATING FUNCTIONS, TASKS, POWER AND ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE HEALTH ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT AGENCY OF THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH
THE MINISTER OF HEALTH
Pursuant to Decree 178/2007/ND dated 03 December 2007 of the Government stipulating functions, tasks, powers and the organization structure at Ministry and Ministerial level;
Pursuant to Decree 188/2007/ND-CP dated 27 December 2007 of the Government stipulating the functions, tasks, power and organization structure of the Ministry of Health;
Pursuant to Decree 22/2010/ND-CP dated 09 March 2010 of the Government on the amendment, complementation of Decree 188/20107/ND-CP dated 27 December 2007 of the Government stipulating the functions, tasks, power and the organization structure of the Ministry of Health;
Pursuant to Decree 81/2007/ND-CP dated 23 May 2007 of the Government stipulating the organization of the specialized service on environment protection at State services and establishments on environment protection;
On proposal of the Director, Department of Personnel & Organization, Ministry of Health,
Article 1. Position, functions
The Health Environment Management Agency (HEMA), an organization belonging to the Ministry of Health, is commissioned to advise to the Minister of Health, to implement functions of the Ministry related to health environment, including: protection of environment of medical establishments, protection of environment in burial activities, environmental health; hygiene and occupational health, occupational diseases prevention and accident & injury prevention, control of health impact due to climate change; management of chemicals, disinfectants, insecticide products for domestic and medical use and other tasks related to health environment according to Law.
The Health Environment Management Agency is a legal body, has its own seal, account, and office in Hanoi.
Article 2. Functions and power
1. To preside over in setting up strategy, scheme, and plan for environment protection in the health sector, integrating the environment protection into the strategy, scheme, and action plan of the health sector to submit to authorized level for assessment, approval and to organize the implementation after they are approved.
2. To draft legal documents on environment protection activities for medical establishments. Prepare and submit to upper level for the promulgation of national technical standards on environmental health, quality of health environment and environment protection in burial activities; hygiene of drinking and domestic water, environmental health, hygiene and occupational health, occupational disease prevention and accident & injury prevention, control of health impact due to climate change; management of chemicals, disinfectants, insecticide products for domestic and medical use; recommend to apply effective measures of environment standards in the health sector according to laws;
3. To communicate, inform and educate international & national laws on and regulations related to environment protection in health activities. Organize, guide and implement legal documents on environment protection under the management of the Ministry of Health.
4. To steer, give guidance and organize the implementation of tasks on: development and assessment of evaluation reports on environment strategy; organize the implementation of health environment observation and monitoring,
5. To organize, evaluate the impact of Ministry of Health’s projects on environment, warnings on environment activities in the field of health; prevent and response to environmental incidents; overcome pollution of health environment, restore the health environment; propose solutions for conservation and sustainable development in the field of health.