Decision No. 140/1999/QD-TTg dated June 11, 1999 of the Prime Minister ratifying the general planning for construction of Thanh Hoa city till the year 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, June 11, 1999
RATIFYING THE GENERAL PLANNING FOR CONSTRUCTION OF THANH HOA CITY TILL THE YEAR 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government of September 30, 1992;
Pursuant to the Regulation on urban planning management, issued together with the Government’s Decree No.91/CP of August 17, 1994;
At the joint proposal of the People’s Committee of Thanh Hoa province and the Ministry of Construction in Official Dispatch No.145/UB-BXD of January 23, 1999 and the additional proposal of the People’s Committee of Thanh Hoa province in Official Dispatch No.1098/UB-CN of May 26, 1999,
Article 1.- To ratify the general planning for construction of Thanh Hoa city till the year 2020 with the following principal contents:
>> See also: DECREE No.107/2009/ND-CP ON TRADING OF LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS THE GOVERNMENT
To determine the position and function of Thanh Hoa city in the socio-economic development correlation between Thanh Hoa province, the Northern Central Vietnam and the neighboring provinces, in order to contribute to accelerating the national industrialization and modernization; to combine the urban construction with the maintenance of national security and defense and the renovation with new construction so as to step by step build Thanh Hoa city into a modern city, with full national identity and the role of a political, economic, cultural and scientific center of Thanh Hoa province.
2. The scope of study and spatial development orientations:
The scope of study under the planning shall cover Thanh Hoa city with an area of 5,788 hectares and the satellite towns surrounding Thanh Hoa city in Quang Xuong, Dong Son and Hoang Hoa districts, within a governing radius of from 5 to 10 km. The land acreage of the planning study area shall be around 8,500 -10,000 hectares.
Thanh Hoa city is the provincial capital and a political, economic, cultural and scientific-technical center of Thanh Hoa province, linking the province with the whole country, and has an important position in terms of national security and defense.
4. Size of population:
- By the year 2010: Around 300,000, of which 270,000 shall live in the inner city and 30,000 in suburban areas;
- By the year 2020: Around 400,000, of which 380,000 shall live in the inner city and 20,000 in suburban areas.
5. Planning on the use of land and architecture of urban landscapes:
>> See also: How to establish a foreign-invested company in Vietnam?
a) On the land use norms and the city development directions:
- The average urban land use norm is 100 m2/person by the year 2010; and 104 m2/person by the year 2020.
- The city development directions:
+ The primary development directions: To the East, it shall be developed toward Ma river (Dong Huong commune); To the South East, it shall be developed toward Quang Thanh commune and Le Mon (Quang Hung commune);
+ The secondary directions: To the North West (Dong Tho ward and Dong Cuong commune) and the North East (Nam Ngan ward).
b) On the disposition of functional quarters:
- The population quarters shall include: the inner city quarters (11 wards of the existing inner city and the expanded quarters) where the population size shall be controlled at around 380,000 people; and the suburban areas including the rural population quarters with around 20,000 people and the satellite towns (Moi, Nhoi, Luu Ve, Rung Thong and Tao Xuyen) with around 60,000 people.
- The Dinh Huong industrial zone shall be renovated, upgraded and expanded in line with the city’s construction planning, and at the same time to develop Le Mon industrial park (around 150-200 hectares), mainly for development of clean and hi-tech industries that attract a large number of laborers and produce export goods of high economic value. Small-sized, clean and environment-friendly enterprises may be arranged in the population quarters. The noxious industries that cause environmental pollution shall be relocated far from the city. The land area reserved for the construction of industrial zones and storehouses shall be around 500-700 hectares.
- The city’s service center system shall be organized along the direction of polycenters, including the administrative, commercial, cultural, physical training and sport centers in the old inner city and along Le Loi street from National Highway 1A to Vinh canal; the commercial and financial centers, the centers for domestic and foreign representative offices and the centers of new urban areas shall be broadened along expanded Le Loi street section in Dong Huong commune.
Supportive to the city’s public service centers shall be the section-level and grassroots-level centers arranged in association with ward clusters and population quarters, in line with the sectional and grassroots scale.
>> See also: Register exclusive trademark of services of sales of goods, advertisement, business management, transaction management, office operation
- The specialized centers shall include:
+ The State management agencies, which shall be located in the city center. The newly built head-offices of companies and domestic and foreign representative offices shall be arranged along the expanded section of Le Loi street from Vinh canal to the eastern belt road (the future National Highway 1A);
+ The medical and health-care centers located in the present area, which shall be renovated and upgraded to make them suitable to the scale, characteristics and use requirements under the city planning;
+ The educational and training centers, research institutes, universities and vocational training intermediate schools, which shall be arranged in Quan Nam bridge area and Lai Thanh area; a number of small-sized scientific research institutions shall be arranged in the inner city;
+ The area of cultural and historical relics to be built in combination with tourist centers, the botanical garden, zoo, centers for youngsters’ activities, and leisure and recreation centers, which shall be arranged in Ham Rong hill area;
+ The physical training and sport center of the province and the city, which shall in the immediate future be built on Ba Lit field. A physical training and sport complex of provincial and regional level shall be gradually formed in Quang Dong and Quang Thanh communes.
To upgrade Ho Thanh park and parks situated along the city’s rivers and drainage canals, and at the same time to build large reservoirs in Phu Son, Dong Huong, Dong Hai, Dong Ve and Ham Rong wards, and to build water-regulating reservoirs-cum-rest and recreation centers.
To create a greenery belt, to protect the plant coverage and environment, and maintain the urban ecological equilibrium within a radius of from 1 to 2 km.
To preserve, maintain and develop the ecological areas of Ham Rong, Rung Thong and Nui Long lake in combination with the greenery belt to protect the urban environment.
- The existing and newly-built security and national defense projects, which shall be rationally planned and arranged in line with the city planning.
>> See also: How to establish a branch of a foreign company in Vietnam?
c) On urban architecture and landscapes:
- For the old inner city quarters: To preserve and embellish the cultural and historical relics, as well as architectural works of high value; to renovate and upgrade infrastructure; increase the greenery coverage and acreage of public-utility works; to relocate to suburban areas the industrial and/or handicraft establishments and storehouses that have caused environmental pollution; to gradually improve the urban environment;
- The to-be-developed urban areas must be built along the direction of modernity, civilization, sustainability and national identity; to pay attention to the development of the system of trees, parks and water surfaces; to organize the new urban areas with modern and synchronous infrastructure, raising the height of building stories, lowering the construction density; to spare land for open spaces.
6. On traffic and technical infrastructure planning:
a) On traffic planning:
- On the land-roads:
+ To improve the city’s peripheral traffic system and outbound traffic axes, as well as the traffic junctions and inter-provincial car terminals, including: road running from Sang bridge, Hac bridge and Thanh Hoa station to Nguyen Trai street, then Cau Coc; road running from Dinh Huong, Phu Son and Lai Thanh bridge through Dong Huong, Nam Ngan, Dong Tho and to National Highway 1A, and road from Ham Rong, Le Mon and Quan Nam bridge through Nhoi diverging roads linking to National Highway 47.
To renovate or newly build roads along Ma river to Nam Ngan, Le Mon and Sam Son, in combination with the reinforcement and renovation of Ma river dike; the outbound traffic routes from the city’s center to the North, the South along the old National Highway 1A to Sam Son and the West along National Highways 45 and 47. By the year 2020 or afterward, to build a bridge across Ma river and to form a belt traffic route north of Ma river.
+ To renovate, broaden and upgrade the existing urban traffic axes, and build new ones, including bridges, in combination with the expansion and new construction of important traffic junctions; to arrange parking lots and traffic signal systems.
+ To renovate and broaden Coc and Lai Thanh bridges; to build a number of new bridges across Vinh canal, and Quang Chau, Cau Hac and Nha Le rivers, in order to link the belt roads with the main traffic axes. In the immediate future, to build a bridge across Vinh canal on Le Loi route, linking the city’s center to the new urban area.
>> See also: Register a trademark protection for pharmaceutical products and dietary supplements in Vietnam?
- On the railways:
+ To reserve land for building of the double-track railway of 1,000 mm in width on the North-South railway section through Thanh Hoa city;
+ To renovate the passenger and cargo terminals and the station platform, and to build a flyover for the railway section south of Thanh Hoa station.
- On the waterways:
+ To dredge and clear the course of Ma river; to renovate and upgrade Le Mon port after studying its correlation with Nghi Son port; to build a port in Nam Ngan for passenger ships navigating Ma river.
+ To dredge and improve the courses of Cau Hac river, Vinh canal, Nha Le and Quang Chau rivers in service of waterways transport and water drainage; to form wharves and yards for loading and unloading construction materials and forest products along these river routes.
- On the airways:
Under the national civil airport system planning, to study the possibility of building Thanh Hoa civil airport in the future with appropriate size and position.
b) On the technical and land preparation:
- To determine a rational height of construction base course for each quarter, with the minimum base course height of + 3.00 m;
>> See also: Register a trademark for vehicles and parts of vehicles in Vietnam?
- In the immediate future, the common sewer system for rain and waste water drainage in the old inner city shall continue to be used. In the new urban quarters, separate underground sewer systems for rain and waste water drainage shall be used in combination with the use of the open water drainage system, including rivers, canals and water-regulating reservoirs;
- To renovate and build a system of water-regulating reservoirs in combination with the creation of landscapes and the regional balance between diggings and fill-ups on construction grounds of urban quarters and industrial zones;
- To build roads along rivers and canals and lakes in the inner city, in combination with the embankment and bordering thereof and planting of trees.
c) On water supply:
- Thanh Hoa city’s demand for water supply is expected to reach 70,000 m3/day by the year 2010 and 110,000 m3/day by the year 2020;
- Water resources: Till the year 2010, Mat Son water plant shall be the main water supplier; while Ham Rong water plant shall be built. After the year 2020, investment shall be made to expand and raise the capacity of such plants to meet the urban water supply demand.
- Such satellite towns as Moi, Nhoi and Tao Xuyen shall be supplied with water from the common water resources of Thanh Hoa city; Luu Ve and Rung Thong towns shall be invested to build their own water supply systems.
d) On electric power supply:
The electric power supply shall comply with the power network development planning ratified by the President of the People’s Committee of Thanh Hoa province and the Minister of Industry.
e) On the information, post and telecommunications:
>> See also: How much is the fee and charge for registering an exclusive logo?
To modernize the information and communications network under the project(s) of the Post Service; to improve the network of regional post offices as well as public telephone network; and to develop modern postal and telecommunications services;
f) On the waste water drainage and environmental hygiene:
- By the year 2010, to apply waste water treating measures with a capacity of 35,000 m3/day; and by the year 2020: 60,000 m3/day and for industrial discharge water: 20,000 m3/day;
- For waste water drainage: In the immediate future, for the old inner city quarters, to continue using the existing drainage system for waste water and rain water with waste water being partially treated at cleansing stations before being discharged into the rain water drainage. In the new urban areas, to build separate waste water and rain water drainage systems.
- On manure and garbage sanitation and treatment of solid waste matters:
+ To collect and transport 100% of solid waste matter volume to the treating places; to build a system for collecting, transporting and treating solid waste matters with appropriate technologies;
+ In the immediate future, to renovate Cho Nhang graveyard and build new cemeteries in order to concentrate graveyards and cemeteries currently lying scattered within the city’s administrative land boundaries. In the future, to apply cremation and electric incineration.
Article 2.- The People’s Committee of Thanh Hoa province shall coordinate with the Ministry of Construction and the concerned ministries and branches in organizing the implementation of the general planning of Thanh Hoa city till the year 2020, including the following tasks:
1. Finalizing and ratifying the planning design dossier, and organizing the publicization of the general planning of Thanh Hoa city till the year 2020 among the people, so that they know, inspect and take part in the implementation thereof;
2. Organizing the elaboration and promulgation of the Regulation on management of architecture and construction planning of Thanh Hoa city;
>> See also: Professional Service of invention registration, invention protection
3. Drawing up and submitting for ratification the detailed planning of functional quarters and the specialized planning, in order to concretize the general planning study;
4. Working out annual and long-term plans as well as measures to materialize the planning for renovation and construction of Thanh Hoa city on the basis of mobilizing all investment capital source within and without the country through appropriate policies and mechanisms.
Article 3.- This Decision takes effect 15 days after its signing. The president of the People’s Committee of Thanh Hoa province, the ministers, the heads of the ministerial-level agencies and the heads of the agencies attached to the Government shall have to implement this Decision.
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
Ngo Xuan Loc
>> See also: Consultancy service and settlement of labor disputes in enterprises.