Decision No. 1446/QD-TTg dated December 15, 2009 of the Prime Minister approving the scheme on development of medium- and small-sized electric pump stations in the Mekong River Delta
THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, September 15, 2009
APPROVING THE SCHEME ON DEVELOPMENT OF MEDIUM- AND SMALL-SIZED ELECTRIC PUMP STATIONS IN THE MEKONG RIVER DELTA
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
At the proposal of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development in Report No. 1402/BNN-TL dated May 25, 2009,
To approve the Scheme on development of medium- and small-sized electric pump stations in the Mekong River delta with the following principal contents:
1. To develop medium- and small-sized electric pump stations in line with socioeconomic development and irrigation plannings and suitable to natural and social conditions of Mekong River delta provinces, with a view to taking the initiative in supplying and draining water for agricultural production and aquaculture, contributing to increasing the productivity of plants and animals, improving living standards of farmers and fishermen, and successfully implementing Party and State policies and lines on agriculture, farmers and rural areas in the new situation;
2. To make concentrated investment in building electric pump stations in areas for which development plannings have been approved and in which retaining banks have been completed; areas in which safe water sources are available; border, deep-lying and remote areas and areas in which Khmer people live and carry out production activities, giving priority to repairing, upgrading and replacing operating oil-fuelled pump stations in order to supply water for production;
3. To further socialize investment in, and management and use of, pump stations with a view to raising responsibilities and increasing benefits of people in the Mekong River delta for effective and sustainable use of works.
By 2015, to replace most of existing oil-fuelled pump stations and develop medium- and small-sized electric pump stations in line with planning and socio-economic development orientations of localities in the Mekong River delta.
To build medium- and small-sized electric pump stations in 13 provinces and cities of the Mekong River delta, including Long An, Tien Giang, Ben Tre, Vinh Long, Tra Vinh, Hau Giang, An Giang, Dong Thap, Soc Trang, Bac Lieu, Ca Mau and Kien Giang provinces and Can Tho city.
IV. MAJOR TASKS
1. During 2009-2010
- To review and complete a planning on electric pump stations in line with irrigation and power grid plannings in the Mekong River delta provinces;
- To repair, upgrade and improve degraded operating electric pump stations for promoting to the utmost their designed capacity; to replace existing oil-fuelled pump stations and build new electric pump stations in places in which conditions permit;
- To build electric pump stations in border, deep-lying and remote areas and areas densely inhabited by Khmer people;
- To study and formulate mechanisms and policies to further socialize construction investment and management of electric pump stations and raise investment effectiveness and ensure sustainable development;
- To build a model to effectively manage, operate and exploit electric pump stations, suitable to practices of fanners and fishermen in the Mekong River delta.
2. During 2011-2015
- To further invest in replacing most of oil-fuelled pump stations, and building new electric pump stations to form a system of electric pump stations under planning.
- To widely apply models of socializing investment in, and operation and exploitation management of, pump stations in each locality and the whole delta.
Click Download to see full text