Decision No. 155/1998/QD-TTg dated August 28, 1998 of the Prime Minister on the organizational structure of the Government Office
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, August 28, 1998
ON THE ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE GOVERNMENT OFFICE
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government of September 30, 1992;
Pursuant to Decree No.50/CP of August 6, 1993 of the Government on the tasks and powers of the Government Office;
At the proposals of the Minister-Director of the Government Office and the Minister-Head of the Government Commission for Organization and Personnel,
Article 1.- The organizational structure of the Government Office is composed of:
1. The Department for General Affairs
2. The Department for General Economy
3. The Department for Industry
4. The Department for Oil and Gas
5. The Department for Agriculture
6. Department for Localities I
7. Department for Localities II
8. The Department for International Relations
9. The Department for International Economic Organizations
10. The Legal Department
11. The Department for Internal Affairs
12. The Department for Examination of Decisions
13. Department I
14. Department II
15. The Department for Relations with the National Assembly and the People's Councils
16. The Department for Organization and Personnel
17. The Department for Science and Education
18. The Department for Culture and Social Affairs
19. The Department for Administrative Reforms
20. The Department for Administrative Affairs
21. The Information and Press Center
22. The Informatics Center
23. Department for Administration I
24. Department for Administrative Affairs and Administration II (in Ho Chi Minh City)
25. The Accounting Section.
Apart from the above-said organizational structure of the Government Office, there exist boards and study groups that act as advisors to the Prime Minister, are placed beside the Government Office, set up by the Prime Minister's decisions and assigned tasks personally by the Prime Minister.
The Minister-Director of the Government Office shall specify the tasks, staff and working relations of the units pertaining the organizational structure of the Government Office.
Article 2.- Each department or center shall be headed by a director, each section by a section head. Each department director, center director or section head shall be assisted by several deputies respectively.
The above-said officials shall be appointed and/or dismissed by the Minister-Director of the Government Office.
Article 3.- This Decision takes effect 15 days after its signing. Decision No.212/TTg of December 31, 1992 and Decision No.159/TTg of April 6, 1994 of the Prime Minister on the organizational structure of the Government Office are now annulled.
Article 4.- The Minister-Director of the Government Office, the Minister-Head of the Government Commission for Organization and Personnel, the ministers, the heads of the ministerial-level agencies, the heads of the agencies attached to the Government and the presidents of the People's Committees of the provinces and cities directly under the Central Government shall have to implement this Decision.
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
Phan Van Khai