Decision No. 176/2006/QD-TTg dated August 01, 2006 of the Prime Minister approving the planning on exploration, exploitation, processing and use of lead and zinc ores in the 2006-2015 period, with orientations up to 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, August 01, 2006
APPROVING THE PLANNING ON EXPLORATION, EXPLOITATION, PROCESSING AND USE OF LEAD AND ZINC ORES IN THE 2006-2015 PERIOD, WITH ORIENTATIONS UP TO 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the March 20, 1996 Law on Minerals and the June 14, 2005 Law Amending and Supplement a Number of Articles of the Law on Minerals;
At the proposal of the Industry Ministry in Documents No. 4683/TTr-BCN of August 31, 2005 and No. 1712/BCN-KH of March 30, 2006, and the opinions of concerned ministries and agencies,
Article 1.- To approve the planning on exploration, exploitation, processing and use of lead and zinc ores in the 2006-1015, with orientations up to 2020, which has the following principal contents:
1. Development viewpoints, orientations and objectives
a/ Development viewpoints:
- To develop the industry of lead and zinc ore exploitation and processing and lead and zinc working in a sustainable manner and on the basis of rational, efficient and economical exploitation and use of lead and zinc resources of the country.
- To develop the industry of lead and zinc ore exploitation and processing and lead and zinc working in line with the master plan on development of Vietnam's industry and the socio-economic development planning, ensuring the harmony between national interests and interests of localities where exist lead and zinc ores.
- To develop the industry of lead and zinc ore exploitation and processing and lead and zinc working in the spirit of self-reliance and proactive international integration.
- To rationally and harmoniously develop activities of exploration, exploitation and processing of lead and zinc ores and lead and zinc working. Exploration work must be conducted one step ahead to find strategic reserve lead and zinc ores for exploitation and processing. Processing establishments must be located in areas where exist mineral resources of sufficient volume and reliable quality, and use all sources and kinds of domestic ores in an integrated and exhaustive manner.
- To develop the industry of lead and zinc ore exploitation and processing and lead and zinc working in compliance with requirements on consolidation of security and defense, protection of natural heritages, historical relics and valuable cultural works, and protection of ecological environment in geographical areas where exist lead and zinc resources.
b/ Development orientations:
- To build the industry of lead and zinc ore exploitation and processing and lead and zinc working into one developing in a stable and sustainable manner. To consider socio-economic benefits a fundamental objective of development and create jobs in underdeveloped regions and geographical areas.
- To bring into the fullest play domestic resources in terms of capital, science, technology and material foundations, and efficiently use external resources.
- To prioritize exploration in ore sites where there is potential for exploitation on an industrial scale and in compliance with the set mining schedules.
- To develop the industry of exploitation and processing of lead and zinc ores and the lead and zinc working in the direction of satisfying immediate demands while taking the long-term strategy into account: Combining medium-scale with small-scale exploitation and mechanized with semi-mechanized operations, step by step modernizing ore exploitation and processing technologies, importing advanced lead and zinc working technologies in order to maximize the output coefficient of lead, zinc, accompanying metals and by-products.
- To form the domestic market for lead and zinc ores and metals conducive to fair competition and closely linked with the world market for lead and zinc ores and metals.
- To intensify exploration work to ensure sufficient ore reserves for sustainable development of exploitation and processing work. By 2010, to affirm sufficient reserves of lead and zinc ores in 5-6 mines for their designing and building, and 3-5 more mines in the 2011-2020 period.
- Ore exploitation and processing must satisfy to the utmost and in time the lead and zinc working plants' demand for quality mineral materials.
- By 2010, to partially satisfy the economy's demand for lead and zinc metals. In the 2011-2020 period, to quickly raise the output to fully satisfy the domestic demand.
- To raise the competitiveness of pure sulfide ore, zinc oxide powder and lead and zinc metals in the world market.
Click Download to see full text