Decision No. 2065/QD-TTg dated November 12, 2010 of the Prime Minister approving the master plan on water supply in the Mekong River Delta key economic region through 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, November 12, 2010
APPROVING THE MASTER PLAN ON WATER SUPPLY IN THE MEKONG RIVER DELTA KEY ECONOMIC REGION THROUGH 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the November 26, 2003 Construction Law;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 08/ 2005/ND-CP of January 24, 2005, on construction planning;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 117/2007/ND-CPof July 11, 2007, on clean water production, supply and consumption;
At the proposal of the Minister of Construction,
Article. 1. To approve the master plan on water supply in the Mekong River delta key economic region through 2020:
1. Scope of the master plan:
- Scope of study: 7 provinces and city to the southwest of Hau river in the Mekong River delta, including Can Thocity and An Giang, Kien Giang, Ca Mau, Soc Trang. Bac Lieu and Hau Giang provinces.
- Scope of planning: the Mekong River delta key economic region, covering the administrative territories of Can Tho city and An Giang, Kien Giang and Ca Mau provinces, with a total area of 16,617 km2.
2. Viewpoints of the master plan:
- The master plan on water supply in the Mekong River delta key economic region must be in line with the socio-economic development master plan, the master plan on construction of the Mekong River delta through 2020 and a vision to 2050, orientations for water supply development in urban areas and industrial parks through 2025 and a vision to 2050, and other approved relevant specialized master plans of the region and provinces.
- To sustainably develop water supply by optimally tapping all resources to meet clean-water needs of people and production and business activities; to stably supply quality water with good service and socio-economic efficiency.
Click Download to see full text