Decision No. 233/2006/QD-TTg dated October 18, 2006 of the Prime Minister approving the national program on labor protection, safety and sanitation up to 2010
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, October 18, 2006
APPROVING THE NATIONAL PROGRAM ON LABOR PROTECTION, SAFETY AND SANITATION UP TO 2010
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the June 23,1994 Labor Code and the April 2, 2002 Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Labor Code;
At the proposal of the Minister of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs and the Minister of Planning and Investment,
Article 1.- To approve the national program on labor protection, safety and sanitation up to 2010, with the following contents:
I. OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
1. General objectives:
To improve working conditions, reduce working environmental pollution; to prevent labor accidents and occupational diseases, care for laborers' health; to raise the awareness and sense of observance of the labor protection law, ensure safety for laborers, property of the State, and assets of enterprises and organizations, contributing to the national sustainable development.
2. Specific objectives up to 2010:
- To reduce the number of fatal and serious accidents; to reduce by 5% on average labor accidents in the domains and branches exposed to high risk of labor accidents (mining, construction, and electricity use);
- To reduce by 10% on annual average the number of laborers getting occupational diseases; to ensure that over 80% of laborers working in establishments and facing the threat of getting occupational diseases will have medical checks of occupational diseases.
- To ensure that 100% of laborers who suffer from labor accidents or occupational diseases will enjoy medical treatment, health care and rehabilitation;
- To ensure that 80% of laborers engaged in occupations or jobs subject to strict labor safety and sanitation requirements and labor safety and sanitation personnel will be trained in labor safety and sanitation;
- To ensure that 100% of fatal and serious labor accidents will be investigated and handled.
II. DURATION AND IMPLEMENTATION SCOPE OF THE PROGRAM
1. The implementation duration is 5 years, from 2006 to 2010.
2. The implementation scope is nationwide.
III. ACTIVITIES OF THE PROGRAM
The national program on labor protection, safety and hygiene comprises 7 following contents:
1. Activities of enhancing state management efficiency in labor protection, including: completing a state management model on labor protection, labor safety and sanitation; formulating and perfecting policies on labor protection; conducting a general survey of labor accidents; strengthening the capacity of labor safety supervision, examination and investigation system; formulating management models on labor safety and sanitation in enterprises; setting up indemnification fund for labor accidents and occupational diseases; consolidating, investing in and establishing rehabilitation establishments for people suffering labor accidents and occupational diseases; elaborating an international cooperation program in the domain of technical assistance and training in labor safety and sanitation.
2. Activities of improving working conditions in enterprises, preventing and controlling labor accidents in the domains exposed to high risk of labor accidents such as mining, construction, electricity consumption..., small- and medium-sized enterprises, rural and agricultural production; limiting TNT intoxication in the storing, preservation, repair and handing of technical equipment in service of security and defense objectives.
3. Activities of preventing and controlling occupational diseases, ensuring health care and rehabilitating labor capacity, include: enhancing the monitoring, examination and control of common occupational diseases; boosting the supervision of the working environment, assuring the efficient control of elements and threats of occupational diseases; consolidating and enhancing medical examination to detect, assess and treat occupational diseases and for rehabilitation; investing the upgrading of clinic centres in charge of examining and treating occupational diseases; researching into the elaboration, amendment and supplementation of regulations on regimes and policies in relation to occupational diseases, supplementation of occupational diseases; enhancing propaganda and education about occupational diseases' threats and impacts.
4. Activities of improving the awareness and responsibility of management authorities, organizations and individuals by enhancing their capacity and organizing information, communication and training activities (establishing a website on labor protection, safety and sanitation, organizing a national week of labor safety and sanitation-fire and explosion prevention and combat, surveying training and information needs...) and promoting mass movements on labor protection activities.
5. Activities of researching and applying science and technology to labor protection, safety and sanitation in order to improve working conditions, remedy working environment pollution in production industries, especially those which are at high risk, thus limiting occupational diseases (minerals and coal exploitation, metallurgy, fertilizers, chemicals, construction...), and applying safety solutions to reduce labor accidents for laborers working with machines and equipment at high risk.
6. Activities of ministries, branches, enterprises, production and business establishments in elaborating programs and projects on labor protection, safety and sanitation suitable to the characteristics of operation, production and business of organizations and units, with the contents of improving working conditions, preventing labor accidents, preventing and treating occupational diseases, committing to well carry out labor safety and sanitation activities and building a labor safety culture.
7. Reviewing, inspecting and monitoring activities aimed at assessing the effectiveness of the program according to each project.
Click Download to see full text