Decision No. 282/2006/QD-TTg dated December 20, 2006 of the Prime Minister approving the master plan on socio-economic development of Cao Bang province in the 2006-2020 period
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, December 20, 2006
APPROVING THE MASTER PLAN ON SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF CAO BANG PROVINCE IN THE 2006-2020 PERIOD
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
At the proposals of the People's Committee of Cao Bang province (in Report No. 1460/TTr-UBND of August 30, 2006) and the Planning and Investment Ministry (in Document No. 7895/BKH-TD&GSDT of October 26, 2006) on the approval of the master plan on socio-economic development of Cao Bang province in the 2006-2020 period,
Article 1.-To approve the master plan on socio-economic development of Cao Bang province in the 2006-2020 period with the following principal contents:
1. Development viewpoints
a/ The master plan on socio-economic development of Cao Bang province in the 2006-2020 period must be in line with the master plan on socio-economic development of the northern midland and mountainous regions and the national socio-economic development strategy;
b/ The rapid, efficient and sustainable development and economic growth must couple with social progress and justice and environmental protection;
c/ The socio-economic development is closely associated with environmental protection and improvement, ensuring the harmony between the man-made environment and the natural environment and preserving the biological diversity;
d/ The socio-economic development is based on the promotion of the province's strengths and comparative advantages, and maximal mobilization of resources (both domestic and overseas resources), especially capital sources, sciences and technologies;
e/ The socio-economic development is closely combined with the consolidation of defense and security and the firm safeguarding of national borders and sovereignty;
f/ To actively integrate with the world and regional economy; to expand economic cooperation relations with foreign countries for development.
2. Development objectives
a/ General objectives
To develop the economy at a higher growth rate, with higher quality and more sustainably than the previous period. To restructure the economy and labor force in the direction of quickly raising the ratio of service and industry and reducing that of agriculture. To accelerate the industrialization and modernization of the economy. To prioritize the development of education and training to raise the people's intellectual levels and the quality of human resources. To intensify the transfer and application of modern sciences and technologies to production and management in order to generate higher productivity, quality and efficiency. To markedly improve the material, cultural and spiritual life of ethnic minority people, especially those in border areas. To firmly maintain the political stability and social order and safety. To firmly protect the national sovereignty and security. To strive for the target that by 2020, Cao Bang will attain the above-average development level as compared with the northern midland and mountainous provinces and have a per-capita income level equal to that of the whole country.
b/ Specific objectives
- The average economic growth rate (GDP) will be 15%/year in the 2006-2010, 13%/year in the 2011-2015 period and 10%/year in the 2016-2020 period;
- Per-capita GDP will reach USD 600 by 2010 and USD 1,600 by 2020;
- The economy will be rapidly restructured in the direction of lower ratio of agriculture and higher ratios of service and industry-construction (by 2010, agriculture, forestry and fishery will account for 25.9%; industry'construction 28.4% and service 45.7%; by 2015, agriculture, forestry and fishery will account for 19.1%; industry'construction 32.1% and service 48.8%; by 2020, agriculture, forestry and fishery will account for 15%; industry'construction 35.8%, service 49.2%);
- To complete by 2008 the universalization of lower secondary education; by 2020, the province will attain the national standards on upper secondary education universalization; the percentage of trained laborers will be 26% (of whom 19% will be vocationally trained) by 2010 and 38% (of whom 31% will be vocationally trained) by 2020. On average, jobs will be created for 10,000'14,000 laborers each year;
- To strive for the target that by 2010, every 10,000 people will have 9 medical doctors and 25 patient beds; by 2020, every 10,000 people will have 12 medical doctors and 30 patient beds, 30% of communes will reach the national standards on healthcare, and the population growth rate will be 1.0%;
- To reduce the percentage of poor households to 29.5% by 2010 and under 10% by 2020; the urban unemployment rate will be under 4% by 2010; by 2010, 95% of urban population and 85% of the rural population will be supplied with hygienic water, and the radio and television broadcasting coverage will be 90%; by 2020, 100% of urban population and 90% of rural population will be supplied with hygienic water, and the radio and television broadcasting coverage will be 100%.
- To firmly construct and consolidate the defense zone in the province; to basically complete the distribution, location and settlement of population of border communes;
- To raise the forest coverage to 52% by 2010 and 60% by 2020; to well solve the issues of environmental sanitation in urban centers, border gates, industrial parks, ore mining areas, and assure food hygiene and safety.
Click Download to see full text