Decision No. 356/QD-TTg dated February 25, 2013 of the Prime Minister approving the adjustment on Vietnam road transport development scheme to 2020 and orientation towards 2030
THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, February 25, 2013
APPROVING THE ADJUSTMENT ON VIETNAM ROAD TRANSPORT DEVELOPMENT SCHEME TO 2020 AND ORIENTATION TOWARDS 2030
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Government organization dated December 25, 2001;
At the proposal of the Minister of Transport,
Article 1. Approving the adjustment on Vietnam road transport development Scheme to 2020 and orientation towards 2030, in particular:
I. VIEWPOINTS ON DEVELOPMENT
1. Road traffic is an important component in the socio-economic infrastructure. Therefore, investment in its development must be prioritized to create the premise and motivation for socio-economic development, satisfying requirements for industrialization and modernization, for regional and international integration, and ensuring National defense and security.
2. The road traffic must be developed reasonably, comprehensively, and sustainably in a consistent planning, under the assignment, decentralization, and cooperation among means of transport, compatible with geographical conditions, in order to from a seamless and effective traffic network.
3. Concentrate resources on building and upgrading some routes that serve massive traffic; build some segments of the North – South freeway and key freeways according to the approve planning; emphasize the management and maintenance to utilize the current traffic infrastructure.
4. Ensure the connection with road traffic systems of regional countries to serve the cooperation and integration.
5. Rapidly develop bus services in major cities, especially Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city; develop accessible traffic systems for the disabled; control the increase in quantity of private vehicles; relieve traffic congestion and ensure urban traffic safety and order.
6. Develop local traffic networks that satisfy the industrialization and modernization of agriculture and rural areas, connect local traffic networks with the national traffic network, provide the continuity and reasonable traffic costs that suit the majority of people.
7. Boost the application of science, new technologies and new materials to consultancy, construction, and exploitation of road traffic towards reducing environmental pollution and energy saving. Value the development of human resources serving traffic development.
8. Attract other economic sectors to investing in the development of road traffic infrastructure; mobilize all resources, especially domestic resources, to invest in development; users are responsible for paying fees for the maintenance and reinvestment in building road traffic infrastructure.
9. Preserve land for the development of road traffic infrastructure, ensure the traffic safety corridors; the protection of traffic works and assurance of traffic safety are responsibilities of local governments, sectors, the whole society, and each citizen.