Decision No. 378/TTg dated June 04, 1997 of the Prime Minister on the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the department for technical inspection and supervision of industrial safety
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, June 4, 1997
ON THE FUNCTIONS, TASKS, POWERS AND ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE DEPARTMENT FOR TECHNICAL INSPECTION AND SUPERVISION OF INDUSTRIAL SAFETY
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government of September 30, 1992;
Pursuant to Decree No. 74-CP of November 1st, 1995 of the Government on the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Industry;
At the proposal of the Minister of Industry and the Minister-Chairman of the Government Commission on Organization and Personnel,
Article 1.- The Department for Technical Inspection and Supervision of Industrial Safety is attached to the Ministry of Industry, assists the Minister of Industry in performing the specialized State management function of technical inspection and supervising of industrial safety in the industrial production sectors, including: engineering, metallurgy, electronics-informatics, chemicals, geology, mineral resources, mines (including coal, oil and gas, and gems), power and consumer industry.
The Department for Technical Inspection and Supervision of Industrial Safety has the legal person status, its own seal and account and an operation costs funded by the State Budget. It has its head office in Hanoi and other offices in a number of regions.
>> See also: Industrial Property Representation service of Minh Khue Law Company
Article 2.- The Department for Technical Inspection and Supervision of Industrial Safety has the following main tasks and powers:
1. Taking part in elaborating and guiding the implementation within the branch of technical rules, norms and standards on industrial safety issued by competent State agencies.
Defining regulations and the regime of technical inspection and supervision of industrial safety to be applied in production establishments managed by the Ministry of Industry and submit them to the Minister of Industry for issue.
2. Organizing the technical inspection and supervision of industrial safety.
Organizing the inspection, expertise and establishing the history of those machines, equipment, materials and substances which are used in the industrial sector and require strict regulations on industrial safety to serve as basis for the State Inspection agency for labor safety or labor sanitation to consider and grant permits for their use.
3. Supervising the implementation of regulations on the electricity supply and use so as to ensure safety in electricity generation and consumption.
4. Technically inspecting and supervising the safety in the production, maintenance, transport and use of industrial explosives in accordance with the Government stipulations regarding the objects managed by the Ministry of Industry and permitted to produce and use explosives.
5. Taking part in evaluating the technical safety solutions of investment projects and technical design plans of production establishments managed by the Ministry of Industry.
6. Taking part and coordinating with other agencies in inspecting and finding out the causes of labor incidents and accidents related to industrial safety techniques and proposing solutions to ensure industrial safety techniques.
7. Guiding the implementation of professional and technical regulations and regimes on the inspection and supervision of industrial safety by local Industrial Services.
>> See also: The following industrial designs are unregistrable in Vietnam
8. Carrying out international cooperation as assigned by the Minister of Industry in the field of technical inspection and supervision of industrial safety.
9. Organizing technical training and fostering in the inspection and supervision of industrial safety in the branch according to the assignment by the Ministry of Industry.
10. Managing its own organization, personnel and assets in accordance with the provisions of law and the assignment of the Minister of Industry.
Article 3.- The organizational structure of the Department for Technical Inspection and Supervision of Industrial Safety consists of:
1. Leading officials: The Director and a number of Deputy Directors.
The Director is answerable to the Minister of Industry for all activities of the Department. The Deputy Directors shall assist the Director in the activities assigned by the Director.
The Director and Deputy Directors shall be appointed by the Minister of Industry.
2. The assisting apparatus of the Director includes:
a/ The Office and a number of specialized and professional sections to be decided by the Minister of Industry.
b/ A number of technical expertise centers and sub-departments for Technical Inspection and Supervision to be decided jointly by the Minister of Industry and the Minister-Chairman of the Government Commission on Organization and Personnel.
Article 4.- This Decision takes effect 15 days after its signing. The earlier provisions which are contrary to this Decision are now annulled.
The Minister of Industry, the Ministers, the Heads of the ministerial-level agency, the Heads of the agencies attached to the Government, the Presidents of the Peoples Committees of the provinces and cities directly under the Central Government, the Director of the Department for Technical Inspection and Supervision of Industrial Safety shall have to implement this Decision.
FOR THE PRIME MINISTER
DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER
Tran Duc Luong