Decision No. 49/2000/QD-TTg dated April 21, 2000 of the Prime Minister ratifying the readjusted general plan of building Vinh city, Nghe An province, up to 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, April 21, 2000
RATIFYING THE READJUSTED GENERAL PLAN OF BUILDING VINH CITY, NGHE AN PROVINCE, UP TO 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government of September 30, 1992;
Pursuant to the Regulation on Management of Urban Planning issued together with Decree No.91/CP of August 17, 1994 of the Government;
Pursuant to Decision No. 10/1998/QD-TTg of January 23, 1998 of the Prime Minister ratifying the Orientation for General Planning of Urban Development in Vietnam up to 2020;
At the proposals of the president of the People’s Committee of Nghe An province (Report No. 3718 TT/UB of December 9, 1999) and the Minister of Construction (Report No.07/TTr-BXD of January 20, 2000),
Article 1.-To ratify the readjusted General Plan of Building Vinh City, Nghe An province, up to 2020 with the following main contents:
Determining the position and function of Vinh City in its socio-economic development relations with Nghe An province, the Northern Central Vietnam region and the neighboring provinces with a view to contributing to stepping up the industrialization and modernization; combining urban construction with assuring national security and defense, and combining renovation with new construction in order step by step to build Vinh City into a modern city, preserving and developing the national cultural tradition, preserving its role as the political, economic, cultural, educational, sport and physical training, health, tourist and scientific center of Nghe An province and the whole northern part of Central Vietnam.
2. Scope of study and orientation for space development:
The readjustment of the general plan of building Vinh City up to 2020 covers a scope of study extending to 300 sq.km comprising:
- The central urban center with 13 inner wards and 5 outlying communes and part of the two communes Nghi Kim and Nghi Lien, Nghi Loc district, with a total area of 6,500 ha;
- The area of direct impact covering 24 communes of Nghi Loc district; Hung Chinh commune and Thai Lao township in Hung Nguyen district; Xuan An and Nghi Xuan townships in Nghi Xuan district, Ha Tinh province;
- Besides, the study also extends to the impact of the city on the urban agglomerations along National Highway 1A and National Highway 46 with a radius of influence of 20 - 30km;
- Expanding the urban area on the basis of combining the expansion of the existing towns with building satellite towns and developing the infrastructure in order step by step to form the Vinh cluster of towns.
- Vinh City is the central city of the Northern Central Vietnam region in the fields of communication and transport, culture, gymnastics and sports, history, health, education, training, tourism and rest and recreation;
- Vinh City is the provincial capital, the political, economic, cultural, scientific and technological center of Nghe An province, the communication hub of the province with regard to the whole country;
- Vinh City has an exceptionally important position in respect to national security and defense.
4. Population size:
- By 2005: Vinh City will have a population of around 275,000 (of which 227,000 will live in the inner city), the population of the satellite towns will be around 133,000;
- By 2020: Vinh City will have a population of around 450,000 (of which 408,000 will live in the inner city), the population of the satellite towns will be around 252,000.
5. Plan of land use and urban landscape architecture:
a/ Land use norms and direction of city expansion:
- Norm for average use of urban land: 120 sq.m/head (2005) and 115 sq.m/head (2020).
- Direction of city expansion:
+ East-North expansion in the direction of Cua Lo town, Nghi Loc district;
+ Northward expansion in the direction of Nghi Kim and Nghi Lien communes, Nghi Loc district.
b/ Specialization of areas:
- The population areas shall include:
+ The existing urban area, about 3,000 ha large with a population of 258,000 organized into 5 residential quarters;
+ The new urban area, about 1,800 ha large with a population of 150,000 comprising the quarters of South Nguyen Sy Sach, North Le Loi, Nghi Phu and Hung Loc.
- The industrial area in Northern Vinh covering 143 ha in Hung Dong and Nghi Kim communes. The air polluting industrial enterprises in the inner city shall be moved to appropriate sites. The area for construction of industrial and storage areas of the city shall cover about 470 ha. Study shall continue for the creation of industrial areas south of Cam bridge, and in Cua Lo on the Vinh - Cua Lo road.
- Central urban system:
* Regional-level specialization center:
+ Training center comprising universities and job-training schools of the northern region of Central Vietnam in Hung Loc on the Vinh - Cua Hoi road;
+ The regional medical center on the Vinh - Cua Hoi road.
+ The national level sport center along Boulevard "February 3" North-East of the city in Ha Huy Tap ward and Hung Loc commune.
* City level centers:
+ The trade and service centers of the city shall be organized along the multi-center line on Quang Trung road from Vinh market northward.
As back-up for the public trade centers of the city regional-level and local-level centers shall be set up in association with the groups of wards and population areas suited to the regional and local levels.
+ The administrative center shall be arranged along the Truong Thi - Le Mao road.
+ The new urban center of the city shall be built along the modern trend in Nghi Phu and Hung Loc areas.
- To form and develop an ecological landscape area aimed at improving the environment of the whole region along the corridor from Cua Nam - Cua Tien ward, the Den field, Quyet mount, sand bands along Lam river and Hong Linh mount up to Hung Hoa.
- The existing and new security and defense establishments shall be planned along the plan of the Ministry of Defense already ratified by the Prime Minister in Decision No.197/TTg of April 1st, 1997. The People’s Committee of Nghe An province should coordinate with the Ministry of Defense and the Command of the 4th Military Zone to settle concrete questions of the projects related to national defense and security.
c/ On urban architecture and landscape:
- With regard to the old inner city area: It is necessary to preserve and embellish the cultural and historical relics and other valuable architectural works; to renovate and upgrade the infrastructures, expand the tree planting area and the area of public utility constructions; to move to the outskirts air-polluting industrial, cottage industry, handicraft establishments and warehouses; step by step improve the urban environment based on the Quang Trung road and the three main existing arteries, namely Tran Phu - Phan Dinh Phung, Nguyen Du and Truong Thi as main space axis; to build and modernize those arteries aimed at improving the urban architectural perspective of the area.
- With regard to the new urban areas to be built: They must be built along the lines of modernity, civilization and durability and imbued with the national identity; to pay attention to developing the system of trees, parks, water surface; to provide a system of modern and synchronous infrastructures with a bigger proportion of high-rises and a lower density of construction; to give priority of land use to vacant space; to use Boulevard "February 3" and the Vinh - Cua Hoi road as the main space axis with a modern walkway.
- To develop, combine and make the fullest use of the advantages in natural landscapes and environment, the historical relics of Vinh City and the vicinity to create regulating lakes and green belts to protect the ecological environment associated with entertainment and recreation activities.
6. Planning of communication and technical infrastructures:
a/ On communication planning:
- Land roads:
The section of the National Highway 1A running through Vinh City shall be diverted to the West of the city and veer to the South before passing Ben Thuy bridge; to organize two grade separations at the junction with National Highway 46 to Nam Dan and with the road from Quan Banh through Gio pass to the West.
To broaden National Highway 46 from Vinh to the West to link Vinh city to the Ho Chi Minh Road and also to link Vinh with Laos through the border gate at Thanh Thuy commune, Thanh Chuong district.
To broaden the roads from Vinh to Cua Lo and from Vinh to Cua Hoi and to organize public transit so as to ensure the interflow between Vinh and Cua Lo and between Vinh and Cua Hoi.
To build another bridge across Lam river to the North-East of Ben Thuy bridge at a proper time in order to connect the two urban areas on the banks of Lam river and to connect Vinh with the coastal economic zones.
To work out plans of land reserved for building a double-track railway (1,000 mm) on the section of the North-South railway through Vinh City and for separating the cargo station from the passenger station in anticipation of development need.
+ To upgrade Ben Thuy port, to ensure coastal cargo handling capacity in service of the need of the city and the neighboring areas; part of this budget shall be used to organize a passenger port in service of waterborne tourism. To organize river tours to famous beauty spots along the rivers and to offshore islands of Ngu and Mat.
+ To dredge and improve the navigable lanes on Lam river and Kenh Dao canal in order to expand the transport capacity on the river and along the coast.
The Vinh airport shall be used for both military and civilian purposes. It has a very important significance for socio-economic development and for ensuring national defense and security in the region. Expansion direction is northward. It is necessary to reserve land fund to develop and expand the airport.
- Communication in the inner city:
Within the existing inner city, the road network shall be kept basically unchanged in terms of lines and road level according to the general planning of the city already approved by the Prime Minister in Decision No.603/TTg of December 20, 1993.
In the new urban area to be developed in the northern part, a network of roads shall be organized suitable for the need of developing a modern town.
To study to move the present Vinh bus station to the North, to build a new bus station to the South near Ben Thuy bridge. The bus station catering for the Vinh market shall be kept at the present location.
On the main streets, land shall be reserved for organizing the static communication system. To organize the public transit system by bus.
b/ On technical and land preparations:
- Within the old inner citadel: The height of the construction foundation and the system of treated rain and waste water drainage shall conform with the general planning of Vinh City approved by the Prime Minister in Decision No. 603/TTg of December 20, 1993.
- In the new urban area in the North: To put a reasonable limit to the height of construction foundation in each area aimed at solving well the question of drainage and avoiding local water-logging; rain water and waste water shall be drained separately. The main drainage canals shall follow the following directions:
+ Water from the West of the city shall be drained into Ke Gai river.
+ Water from the South of the city shall be drained into Dao river;
+ Water from the new urban area in the North and the Northern Canal shall be drained into Rao Dung river.
c/ Water supply:
- Water supply norm in 2020: Daily-life water shall be 160 liters/head for one day-night; water supplied to industrial areas shall be 50 m3/ha.
- Water sources: surface water from Lam river taken at Nam Dan township.
- Capacity of water plant: 150,000m3/day-night, supplied to Vinh city, Cua Lo and Cua Hoi. To make fullest use of the existing water plant and pumpting stations; the system of water pipes shall be designed in a close circuit in the whole city.
d/ Electric supply:
The source of supply is the national electric power grid through the intermediary transformer stations 110/35/22KV at Hung Dong and Ben Thuy. To build another intermediary transformer station 110/22 KV in Cua Lo area. To transform and upgrade the existing electric power grid with different voltages 6KV and 10KV into a grid with the standard voltage of 22KV.
e/ On information, post and telecommunication:
To modernize the information and communication network under the project of the Postal Service; to complete the regional network of mail stations, the public telephone network, to expand the advanced postal and telecommunications services.
f/ Waste water drainage and environmental hygiene:
- Norm for water drainage in 2020: equal to that of water supply.
- For the old inner city area: Waste water after local treatment shall be drained together with rain water; at the end of the main canals, a system of biological lakes shall be built to process waste water in the dry season before discharging it into the rivers.
- For the new urban area: Waste water shall be drained separately along a system of water mains and the pumpting station into the concentrated treating area in the Northeast of the city.
- On sewage and garbage sanitation and treatment of solid waste:
To collect and transport to the treatment center 100% of solid waste; to build a system of collection, transport and treatment of solid waste by an appropriate technology; the garbage dump and the processing factory for solid waste shall be built about 25km north of the city in Nghi Loc district for common use by Vinh City and Cua Lo town.
- Cemetery area: To move the present first burial cemetery to a new site at Nghi Phong commune, Nghi Loc district and to build a final burial cemetery at Truong Gio, about 12km from the city.
7. First phase planning, up to 2005:
- To build the concentrated industrial area in Northern Vinh, 60 ha in the first phase;
- To expand the water plant and raise its capacity to 60,000 m3/day-night;
- To transform the drainage and environmental hygiene system according to the approved project;
- To transform the electric power grid in the city according to the ratified plan of the Vietnam Electricity Corporation;
- To complete the building of the road from the city center to the airport, the Le Ninh road to Quan Banh, the Nguyen Si Sach road and the Ha Huy Tap road. Step by step invest in upgrading and broadening the roads inside the city; to complete the building of the pavements along the main streets; to plant trees along the roads;
- To build the Central Park and the Nui Quyet park; to upgrade the Ho Goong park; to plant protection trees along the rivers and around the city;
- To build a new burial ground for solid waste and a final burial cemetery of the city.
Article 2.-The People’s Committee of Nghe An province shall coordinate with the Ministry of Construction and related ministries and services in organizing the carrying out of the General Plan of Vinh City up to 2020.
1. To complete and ratify the planning design dossier, to organize the publication of the general planning of Vinh City up to 2020 for the people’s knowledge, inspection and implementation;
2. To draft and issue the Regulations on management of the architecture and plan of building Vinh City;
3. To work out and submit for ratification the detailed plan of the specialized areas, and the specialization planning aimed at concretizing the general plan;
4. To work out the yearly and long-term plans, to find measures to carry out the plan of transforming and building Vinh City on the basis of mobilizing all possible sources of investment in the country and abroad through appropriate policies and mechanisms.
Article 3.-This Decision takes effect 15 days after its signing. The president of the People’s Committee of Nghe An province, the ministers, the heads of the ministerial-level agencies, and the heads of the agencies attached to the Government shall have to implement this Decision.
FOR THE PRIME MINISTER
DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER
Nguyen Tan Dung