Decision No. 50/1999/QD-TTg dated March 24, 1999 of the Prime Minister ratifying the 1999-2000 vocational training plan
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, March 24, 1999
RATIFYING THE 1999-2000 VOCATIONAL TRAINING PLAN
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government of September 30, 1992;
At the proposal of the Minister of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs in Report No.01/LDTBXH-TCDN of January 2, 1999 concerning the ratification of the 1999-2000 vocational training plan,
Article 1.- To ratify the 1999-2000 vocational training plan with the following major contents:
1. The name of the plan: 1999-2000 vocational training plan.
2. The plan management agency: Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs.
3. The plan’s objectives:
In 1999, to provide vocational training for 670,000 people, of whom 120,000 are provided with long-term vocational training and 550,000 with short-term vocational training.
In 2000, to provide vocational training for 780,000 people, of whom 150,000 are provided with long-term vocational training and 630,000 people with short-term vocational training.
To raise the proportion of laborers who have gone through vocational training to 13.4%, thus achieving the trained laborers percentage of 22% by the end of 2000.
4. A number of guidelines for direction of vocational training:
Vocational training is a pivotal task in human sources development and associated with the settlement of jobs for laborers.
There must be policies and mechanisms to promote the socialization of vocational training so as to bring into full play all resources from within and without the country for vocational training activities; expand and diversify forms of short-term vocational training (aimed at creating opportunities for laborers to find jobs or to create jobs by themselves) and long-term vocational training (aimed at supplying laborers for industrial parks, export-processing zones as well as for labor export).
The State shall exercise unified management of the vocational training in term of its objectives, contents and plans as well as the planning and plans for development of the system of vocational training schools and centers.
The central and local budgets shall make concentrated investments in order to create high-quality vocational training establishments.
5. Tasks of the 1999-2000 vocational training:
a/ To make the planning of the network of vocational training establishments compatible to the human sources development requirements of each branch and each locality.
b/ To strengthen and develop the key vocational training schools and at the same time expand the scope of short-term vocational training.
c/ To expand the scope and raise the quality of the training of teachers for vocational training.
d/ To train a contingent of skillful workers to meet the domestic demand as well as the demand for labor export; to step by step universalize vocational training for laborers with priority given to rural laborers, with a view to accelerating the process of economic restructure, rural industrialization and vocational training for the demobilized armymen.
e/ To perfect the following fundamental policies:
- The policy on ramification and succession in the national education system.
- The policy on promotion of activities of vocational training establishments.
- The policy towards vocational training personnel and teachers.
- The policy towards vocational trainees.
- The policy on the employment of skillful laborers.
f/ To increase budget allocation for vocational training and renew the mechanism of allocation, management and use of budget for vocational training.
g/ To step up international cooperation in vocational training.
6. Funds for the plan:
a/ Investment fund sources:
- State budget fund (including the central budget and local budgets).
- Trainees’ contributions.
- Aid and credit capital.
- Other capital sources.
b/ The annual fund for the plan implementation shall be concretized and arranged for each content of the plan.
Article 2.- To assign the following agencies to manage and implement the 1999-2000 vocational training plan:
1. The Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs shall manage and direct the General Department for Vocational Training to assume the prime responsibility and coordinate with the relevant ministries, branches, mass organizations and localities in organizing the execution of the plan, summing up and evaluating the annual execution results then reporting them to the Prime Minister.
2. The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall have to work out annual budget plan for the execution of the vocational training plan on the basis of agreement with the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs and in accordance with the current regulations on planning.
3. The Ministry of Finance shall have to ensure the full and timely allocation of State budget capital for the execution of the vocational training plan in accordance with the stipulations of the Law on the State Budget; allocate budget capital for branches and localities and provide guidance for financial agencies to distribute capital to each vocational training establishment according to the norms already approved by the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs.
4. The Ministry of Education and Training shall have to assume the prime responsibility and coordinate with the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs and the relevant ministries and branches in elaborating and submitting to the Government for ratification policy on the ramification of pupils into general senior- high schools, vocational senior-high schools and vocational training schools after they finish junior-high education; and ramification of pupils into vocational training schools, vocational senior-high schools, colleges and universities after they finish general senior-high education.
5. The ministers, the heads of the ministerial-level agencies and agencies attached to the Government, the presidents of the People’s Committees of the provinces and centrally-run cities shall have to organize the elaboration and execution of the 1999-2000 vocational training plan of their respective branches and localities; and submit periodical reports to the Prime Minister (through the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs) on the situation of the execution of the 1999-2000 vocational training plan.
6. The Ministry of Culture and Information, the Radio Voice of Vietnam and the Vietnam Television shall organize information, propagation and education programs on the role and position of workers as well as the work of vocational training in the cause of national socio-economic development.
7. The Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs shall work with mass organizations on the latter’s participation in the execution of the 1999-2000 vocational training plan within their respective scope of activities.
Article 3.- This Decision takes effect 15 days after its signing.
Article 4.- The ministers, the heads of the ministerial-level agencies, the heads of the agencies attached to the Government and the presidents of the People’s Committees of the provinces and centrally-run cities shall have to implement this Decision.
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
Pham Gia Khiem