THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Hanoi , May 18, 2007
APPROVING THE SCHEME ON DEVELOPMENT OF THE AGRO-FOREST PRODUCT-PROCESSING INDUSTRY IN AGRICULTURAL AND RURAL INDUSTRIALIZATION AND MODERNIZATION UP TO 2010 AND ORIENTATIONS TOWARDS 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
At the proposal of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development,
Article 1.- To approve the Scheme on development of the agro-forest product-processing industry in agricultural and rural industrialization and modernization up to 2010 and orientations towards 2020 with the following principal contents:
I. DEVELOPMENT VIEWPOINTS
1. Development of the processing industry must be associated with the agricultural and rural economic restructuring in accordance with agricultural and rural industrialization and modernization.
2. Development of the agro-forest product-processing industry must be associated with domestic and world markets and raw-material zones to develop products of comparative advantages and competitiveness.
3. Investment in building and upgrading processing establishments must satisfy the requirement that modern technologies and advanced equipment be combined with traditional technologies and equipment and must be on a scale suitable to the raw-material zones and products in order to raise the quality and competitiveness of processed agro-forest products and protect the ecological environment to ensure the efficient and sustainable development of the processing industry.
4. The agro-forest product-processing industry must be developed on the basis of mobilizing all resources and economic sectors.
II. DEVELOPMENT OBJECTIVES
1. General objectives: To develop highly competitive processed commodities; rapidly increase the added value of products as a basis to boost agro-forestry production; generate more jobs and raise farmers' income; turn out quality products which ensure food safety and industrial hygiene and raise the competitiveness domestically and internationally.
2. Specific targets
a/ Agro-forest food processing
- Rice paddy: 100% of the total rice paddy output will be processed, of which industrial-scale processing in service of domestic consumption and export reaches 55% by 2010 and 60-65% by 2020.
- Coffee: 100% of the total coffee output will be processed, to raise the percentage of coffee by the method of wet processing to 30% by 2010 and 40-50% by 2020; to strive to raise the percentage of processed coffee powder to 10% by 2010 and 20% by 2020.
- Rubber: 100% of the rubber latex output will be processed with the following product structure for the 2010-2020 period: granular latex, 40%, technical latex, 40%, and creamy latex, 20%. To strive to reach the following rates of rubber products intensively processed at home: 30% by 2010 and 40% by 2020.
- Tea: 60-65% of the fresh tea bud output will be industrially processed by 2010 and over 80% by 2020, with the product structure as follows: green tea, 50% and black tea, 50% (CTC black tea accounting for 50%, and OTD black tea, 50%).
- Sugarcanes: By 2010, 90% of the sugarcane output will be industrially processed and 10%, manually processed; by 2020, the figures are respectively 95% and 5%.
- Vegetables and fruits: The output of processed and preserved vegetables and fruits reaches over 10% by 2010 and 20-30% by 2020.
Click Download to see full text