Decision No. 740/TTg dated September 06, 1997 of the Prime Minister approving the plan for the Dong Dang-Lang Son urban economic zone up to the year 2010
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence – Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi , September 06, 1997
APPROVING THE PLAN FOR THE DONG DANG-LANG SON URBAN ECONOMIC ZONE UP TO THE YEAR 2010
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government of September 30, 1990,At the proposals of the Minister of Construction and the President of the Peoples Committee of Lang Son province in Report No.784-BXD/UB of August 2, 1997,
Article 1.- To approve the plan for the Dong Dang-Lang Son urban economic zone up to the year 2010 with the following main contents:
The planned area covers 207 km2, encompassing Lang Son provincial town, Dong Dang township, Thuy Hung, Phu Xa and Hong Phong communes (in Cao Loc district), and Tan Thanh, Tan My communes (in Van Lang district).
>> See also: DECREE No.107/2009/ND-CP ON TRADING OF LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS THE GOVERNMENT
II. Development objectives:
1. To create conditions for the stabilization and improvement of the peoples life, for the building of a border of friendship and the maintenance of national sovereignty of territorial integrity;
2. To serve the development of the market economy in order to assure the provinces compatitiveness in the border area and facilitate its integration into the development process of the whole contry;
3. To serve as a basis for the uniform management of construction according to plan, of the use of land and the maintenance of national security and defense.
III. Characteristics of the urban economic zone
1. It is an important international bordergate area of high political, diplomatic, social and economic significance;
2. It is a border trade center, an industrial zone and storage area of the whole area;
3. It is an area susceptible for the development of domestic and international tourism;
4. It occupies an important position in national security and defense.
>> See also: How to establish a foreign-invested company in Vietnam?
The Dong Dang - Lang Son urban economic zone shall have a population of about 100,000 by the year 2000 and about 150,000 by the year 2010.
V. Orientations for urban development
The provincial capital, Lang Son town, shall expand to Quan Ho; Dong Dang township shall expand southward, southwestward and northeastward. The Huu Nghi and Tan Thanh border gates shall be built into urban population centers.
Article 2.- The Peoples Committee of Lang Son province shall have:
- To promulgate the regulation on the management of the construction of the Dong Dang-Lang Son urban economic zone; divide the zone functionally so as to meet the urban development requirements and draw up the plan for technical infrastructure development after obtaining consent from the Ministry of Construction.
- To elaborate, consider and approve or submit to the competent level for ratification the detailed plans and investment projects in accordance with current regulations.
Article 3.- This Decision takes effect 15 days after its signing. The President of the Peoples Committee of Lang Son province, the Minister of Construction, the ministers and the heads of the related agencies shall have to implement this Decision.
FOR THE PRIME MINISTER
DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER
Tran Duc Luong
>> See also: Register exclusive trademark of services of sales of goods, advertisement, business management, transaction management, office operation