Decree No. 05/2006/ND-CP of January 9, 2006, on establishment, functions, duties, powers and organizational structure of Vietnam Competition Council
SOCIALIST REPUBLICOF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom– Happiness
No : 05/2006/ND-CP
Ha Noi, January 9, 2006
ON ESTABLISHMENT, FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, POWERS AND ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF VIETNAM COMPETITION COUNCIL
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated 25 December 2001;
Pursuant to the Law on Competition dated December 3, 2001;
Pursuant to the Decree No 86/2002/NĐ-CP dated November 05, 2002 by the Government on functions, duties, powers and organizational structure of ministries, ministerial-level agencies;
Pursuant to the Decree No 29/2004/NĐ-CP dated January 16, 2004 by the Government on functions, duties, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Trade;
Upon the request of the Minister of Trade,
Article 1. Establishment of Vietnam Competition Council
Vietnam Competition Council shall be established. Its transaction name in English shall be Vietnam Competition Council, which shall be abbreviated as VCC.
The Vietnam Competition Council shall have the legal status, a stamp imprinted with the national coat of arms, be allowed to open its bank account in the State Treasury as stipulated by law.
The fund for the operation of the Vietnam Competition Council shall be allocated from the state budget and prepared in the annual estimated budget of the Ministry of Trade.
Article 2. Position and function
The Vietnam Competition Council is an independent executive agency, has the function of handling limitted competition acts.
Article 3. Duties and powers
The Vietnam Competition Council shall have the following duties and powers:
1. to organize the handling of affairs related to limitted competition acts as stipulated by law.
2. to establish a Council for handling competition cases which will handle a concrete case
3. to request the concerned organizations, individual people to provide information, documents needed to implement the assigned duties.
4. to decide on application, change, abolishment of administrative prevention measures after receiving a file of competition case as stipulated by law.
5. to handle complaints, denouncements against competition cases related to limitted competition acts as stipulated by law.