Decree No. 10/2015/ND-CP của On giving birth through in vitro fertilization and conditions for altruistic gestational surrogacy
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, January 28, 2015
On giving birth through in vitro fertilization and conditions for altruistic gestational surrogacy
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the November 23, 2009 Law on Medical Examination and Treatment;
Pursuant to the June 19, 2014 Law on Marriage and Family;
At the proposal of the Minister of Health,
The Government promulgates the Decree on giving birth through in vitro fertilization and conditions for altruistic gestational surrogacy.
Article1. Scope of regulation and subjects of application
1. This Decree prescribes the donation and receipt of sperm, eggs and embryos; competence and procedures for licensing medical examination and treatment establishments to perform in vitro fertilization; conditions for altruistic gestational surrogacy; preservation of sperm, eggs and embryos; information and reporting.
2. The application of assisted reproductive technology of artificial insemination under the Law on Medical Examination and Treatment is not governed by this Decree.
3. This Decree applies to Vietnamese agencies, organizations and individuals and foreigners engaged in vitro fertilization and gestational surrogacy in Vietnam.
Article2. Interpretation of terms
In this Decree, the terms and phrases below are construed as follows:
1. In vitro fertilization means the combination between an egg and sperm in vitro to create an embryo.
2. Infertility means a wife’s being unable to conceive after the couple has unprotected sexual intercourse on an average of 2-3 times/week for one year.
 Công Báo Nos 239-240 (14/2/2015)