Decree No. 136/2007/ND-CP dated August 17, 2008 of the Government on Vietnamese citizens exit and entry
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence – Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, August 17, 2007
ON VIETNAMESE CITIZENS EXIT AND ENTRY
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
At the proposal of the Minister of Public Security,
Article 1. This Decree provides for Vietnamese citizens exit and entry.
Article 2. Vietnamese citizens shall be granted national passports or other relevant exit and entry papers under the provisions of this Decree and treaties which Vietnam has signed or acceded to.
1. Vietnamese citizens holding national passports stated at Point a, Clause 1, Article 4 of this Decree may leave and enter Vietnam through its border gates. When a treaty to which Vietnam has signed or acceded contains different provisions, the provisions of this treaty prevail.
2. Vietnamese citizens holding other papers stated at Point b, Clause 1, Article 4 of this Decree may leave and enter Vietnam through its border gates stated in each paper and treaties to which Vietnam has signed or acceded.
3. Vietnamese citizens holding exit and entry papers granted by competent Vietnamese agencies do not need visas when leaving and entering Vietnam.
PROVISIONS ON PAPERS FOR EXIT FROM AND ENTRY INTO VIETNAM
1. The following papers are granted to Vietnamese citizens for exit and entry:
a/ National passports, including:
- Diplomatic passport;
- Official passport;
- Ordinary passport.
b/ Other papers, including:
- Crewmember passport;
- Border laissez passer;
- Entry and exit laissez passer;
- Repatriation laissez passer;
- Laissez passer.
Click Download to see full text