Decree No. 145/1999/ND-CP dated September 20, 1999 of the Government restructuring the general department of development investment under the Ministry of Finance
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence- Freedom- Happiness
Hanoi, September 20, 1999
RESTRUCTURING THE GENERAL DEPARTMENT OF DEVELOPMENT INVESTMENT UNDER THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government of September 30, 1992;
Pursuant to the State Budget Law of March 20, 1996 and the Law Supplementing and Amending a Number of Articles of the State Budget Law of May 20, 1998;
At the proposals of the Ministers of Finance, the Minister-Head of the Government’s Commission on Personnel and Organization,
Article 1.- To dissolve the General Department of Development Investment under the Ministry of Finance and establish the following bodies:
1. The Investment Department under the Ministry of Finance.
2. The Department for Investment Capital Settlement under the Central State Treasury.
3. To assign the People’s Committees of the provinces and centrally-run cities to establish Investment Bureaus under the provincial/municipal Finance-Pricing Services.
Article 2.- To transfer the tasks, personnel and payroll of the General Department of Development Investment to the following bodies:
1. The Investment Department under the Ministry of Finance shall perform the function of State management over finance and investment on the national scale.
2. The Department for Investment Capital Settlement under the Central State Treasury and its local units shall perform the tasks of supervising payment and credit, accounting and final settlement of investment capital, non-business capital of investment and construction nature, allocated by the State budget of all levels.
3. The provincial/municipal Finance-Pricing Services shall assist the People's Committees of the provinces, centrally-run cities in performing a number of tasks on the State management on finance and investment in their respective localities.
4. The Development Support Fund shall perform the tasks of management of the State credit investment according to the Government’s Decree No.50/1999/ND-CP of July 8, 1999 on the organization and operation of the Development Support Fund.
Article 3.- The Minister of Finance shall stipulate the tasks, powers and organizational structure of the organizations mentioned in Clauses 1 and 2, Article 1 of this Decree; provide guidance on tasks and powers of the provincial/municipal Finance-Pricing Services in performing the State management over finance and investment in their respective localities.
Article 4.- The Minister of Finance shall have to coordinate with the Minister-Head of the Government’s Commission on Organization and Personnel in guiding and organizing the transfer of tasks, documents, capital, personnel, payroll and property of the General Department of Development Investment system to the concerned agencies and organizations according to the provision of this Decree; to ensure that the Development Support Fund shall have its office and working facilities.
Article 5.- This Decree takes effect as from January 1st,, 2000. To annual the Government’s Decree No.187/CP of December 10, 1994 on the tasks, powers and organizational apparatus of the General Department for Investment Development; Point B.5 of the Government’s Decree No.178/CP of October 28, 1994 on the tasks, power and organizational apparatus of the Ministry of Finance and the provisions of other documents, which are contrary to this Decree.
Article 6.- The ministers, the heads of the ministerial-level agencies, the heads of agencies attached to the Government and the presidents of the People’s Committees of the provinces and centrally-run cities shall have to implement this Decree.
ON BEHALF OF THE GOVERNMENT
Phan Van Khai