Decree No. 30/2006/ND-CP dated March 29, 2006 of the Government on scientific and technological statistics
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, March 29, 2006
ON SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNOLOGICAL STATISTICS
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the June 9,2000 Science and Technology Law;
Pursuant to the June 26, 2003 Statistics Law;
At the proposal of the Minister of Science and Technology,
Article 1.- Scope of regulation
1. This Decree provides for the supply, collection, processing, publication and use of scientific and technological statistical information, and development of scientific and technological statistics in the territory of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
2. Scientific and technological statistical activities not organized by state agencies and those related to security and defense shall not be regulated by this Decree.
Article 2.- Subjects of application
1. State agencies at all levels.
2. Non-business units.
3. Political organizations, socio-political organizations, professional socio-political organizations, social organizations, socio-professional organizations and professional organizations.
4. Enterprises of all economic sectors and their attached units (branches, representative offices, dependent units).
5. Cooperatives, groups of cooperation, private business establishments, households, individuals.
6. Other Vietnamese organizations at home and abroad.
7. Foreign organizations and individuals, overseas Vietnamese carrying out scientific and technological activities in the Vietnamese territory.
Article 3.- Scientific and technological statistical information
1. Scientific and technological statistical information is a product of statistical activities in the scientific and technological domain, including scientific and technological statistical data and written analyses thereof.
2. Scientific and technological statistical information shall be formed from the following sources:
a/ Scientific and technological statistical information directly produced by the concentrated systems of statistics organizations at the district and provincial levels and the General Department of Statistics;
b/ Scientific and technological statistical information directly produced by the Ministry of Science and Technology and synthesized from scientific and technological statistical information produced by agencies, organizations and individuals;
c/ Scientific and technological statistical information produced by ministries, ministerial-level agencies, Government-attached agencies, the Supreme People's Court, the Supreme People's Procuracy and provincial/ municipal People's Committees;
d/ International scientific and technological statistical information and statistical information collected through other state management activities.
Click Download to see full text