Decree No. 49/2005/ND-CP dated April 11, 2005 of the Government on sanctioning of administrative violations in education
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, April 11, 2005
ON SANCTIONING OF ADMINISTRATIVE VIOLATIONS IN EDUCATION
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated December 25, 2001;
Pursuant to the Law on Education dated December 2, 1998;
Pursuant to the Ordinance on Handling of Administrative Violations dated July 2, 2002
At the proposal of the Minister of Education and Training,
>> See also: Legal training and education services of Minh Khue Law Firm
Article 1. Governing scope
1. This Decree prescribes acts of administrative violation in education (the domain of vocational training does not fall within the governing scope of this Decree), sanctioning forms and levels, sanctioning competence and procedures as well as remedial measures.
2. Administrative violations in education are acts violating regulations on State management over education committed by individuals or organizations intentionally or unintentionally, which, however, are not crimes and must therefore be administratively sanctioned according to the provisions of the Ordinance on Handling of Administrative Violations and this Decree.
3. For acts of education-related administrative violation prescribed in other decrees of the Government (hereinafter referred to as relevant decrees), the provisions of such decrees shall apply.
Article 2. Subjects of application
Subjects of application
1. Vietnamese individuals and organizations that commit acts of administrative violation in education shall all be sanctioned according to the provisions of this Decree and the relevant decrees.
>> See also: Tightening the education quality assessment standards
2. Foreign individuals and organizations that commit acts of administrative violation in education in Vietnam shall all be sanctioned like Vietnamese individuals and organizations according to the provisions of this Decree and the relevant decrees, unless otherwise provided for by international agreements which the Socialist Republic of Vietnam has signed or acceded to.
Click Download to see full text