Decree No. 57/2001/ND-CP dated August 24, 2001 of the Government on the sea-shipping business conditions
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, August 24, 2001
ON THE SEA-SHIPPING BUSINESS CONDITIONS
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government of September 30, 1992;
Pursuant to the June 30, 1990 Maritime Code of Vietnam;
Pursuant to the November 12, 1996 Law on Foreign Investment and the June 9, 2000 Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Foreign Investment in Vietnam;
Pursuant to the April 20, 1995 State Enterprise Law;
Pursuant to the June 12, 1999 Enterprise Law;
Pursuant to the March 20, 1996 Cooperative Law;
At the proposal of the Minister of Communications and Transport,
Article 1.- Scope and objects of application
1. This Decree applies to the goods, passenger and luggage sea-shipping business, conducted by enterprises which are established and operating under the Vietnamese laws.
2. Enterprises governed by this Decree include State enterprises; limited liability companies, joint-stock companies, partnerships, private companies, cooperatives and foreign-invested enterprises in the form of joint-venture.
Article 2.- Law application
1. Sea-shipping business activities in Vietnam must comply with the provisions of this Decree and other relevant legal documents of Vietnam as well as international agreements which Vietnam has signed or acceded to.
2. Where an international agreement which the Socialist Republic of Vietnam has signed or acceded to contains different provisions, the provisions of such international agreement shall apply.
3. For cases which have not yet been provided for by Vietnamese laws and international agreements, the involved parties may agree on the application of international practices thereto.
Click Download to see full text