Decree No. 61/CP dated October 21, 1996 of the Governmenton amendments and supplements to the provisions on army insignias, badges and ranks of the professional military personnel
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi , October 21, 1996
ON AMENDMENTS AND SUPPLEMENTS TO THE PROVISIONS ON ARMY INSIGNIAS, BADGES AND RANKS OF THE PROFESSIONAL MILITARY PERSONNEL
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government of September 30, 1992;
Pursuant to the Law on Amendments and Supplements to a Number of Articles of the Law on Military Service of June 22, 1994;
At the proposal of the Minister of Defense,
Article 1.- To amend and supplement Articles 2 and 3 of Decree No.74-HDBT of April 26, 1982 of the Council of Ministers (now the Government) providing for the army badges, insignias and full-dress uniform of the Vietnam People’s Army, as follows:
>> See also: Services of legal consultancy on registration, exemption and suspension of military service
1. Article 2 of Decree No.74-HDBT stipulating:" The color of the back-ground of the badges and the color of the rims of the insignias for professional military personnel is light grey",
- is now amended as follows:" The color of the back-ground of the badges and the color of the rims of the insignias for professional military personnel shall correspond to the colors of the army corps and borderguards".
2. Article 3 of Decree No.74-HDBT, Item 1 saying:" The insignias of the officers and warrant officers", is now amended into:" The insignias of the officers and warrant officers including professional military personnel with corresponding insignias".
The final point of Item 1 (Article 3) stipulating:" The insignia of the warrant officers shall be the same as the insignia of the lieutenant but without stars",
- is now amended and supplemented as follows:
" The insignia of the professional military personnel shall have two silver stripes in V (>>) shape for the colonel rank, and shall have one silver stripe in V (>) shape for the lieutenant rank. The warrant officer�s insignia shall be the same as that of the lieutenant rank but without star(s). The pointed bottom of letter V is directed to the button of the insignia".
Article 2.- To add the rank of senior lieutenant colonel to the army rank of the professional military personnel and to amend the part prescribing the badges in Article 6 of the Regulation on Professional Military Personnel issued together with Decree No.238-HDBT of August 3, 1991 of the Council of Ministers (now the Government). The amended Article 6 now read as follows:
Military ranks of professional military personnel include:
- Professional sergeant
- Professional warrant officer
- Professional first lieutenant
- Professional second lieutenant
- Professional senior second lieutenant
- Professional captain
- Professional major
- Professional lieutenant colonel
- Professional senior lieutenant colonel.
The badge and the insignia together with the badge of the professional military personnel shall be worn by each corresponding rank in accordance with Article 1 of this Decree and Articles 4 and 5 of Decree No. 74-HDBT of April 26, 1982.
Article 3.- This Decree takes effect from the date of its signing. The stipulations on military insignias, badges and ranks of professional military personnel which are contrary to this Decree are now annulled.
Article 4.- The Minister of Defense shall have to implement this Decree.
ON BEHALF OF THE GOVERNMENT
THE PRIME MINISTER
Vo Van Kiet