Decree No. 74/CP dated November 01, 1995 of the Government on the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Industry
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, November 01, 1995
ON THE FUNCTIONS, TASKS, POWERS AND ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE MINISTRY OF INDUSTRY
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government of September 30, 1992;
Pursuant to the Resolution of the IXth National Assembly adopted at its 8th Session on October 21, 1995;
At the proposals of the Minister of Industry and the Minister-Chairman of the Government Commission on Organization and Personnel,
Article 1- The Ministry of Industry is a Government agency peraforming the function of State management over the industries of engineering; metallurgy; electronics-informatics; chemicals; geology; mineral resources; mining (including coal, oil, gas and gems); electricity and consumer goods production in the whole country.
Article 2.- The Ministry of Industry has the responsibility to perform the tasks and powers of State management as provided for in Chapter IV of the Law on Organization of the Government and Decree No.15-CP of March 2, 1993 of the Government, chiefly the following tasks and powers:
1. Submitting to the Government draft laws, ordinances, and other legal documents on industries under its management.
2. Submitting to the Government for decision strategies, programs, plans and overall development projects of the industries under its management in the whole country, and directing, guiding their implementation after their approval by the Government.
3. Issuing within its jurisdiction processes, rules, criteria, economic-technical norms for the industries under its management.
4. Granting permits for the exploitation of mineral resources, permits for the production, supply and use of industrial explosive and other permits within its jurisdiction provided for by law. Making suggestions to the Ministry of Trade on plans and permits for export and import of products, raw materials, equipment and technology related to the industries under its management.
5. Organizing the control of the quality of industrial products and industrial safety (safety of boilers, mines, explosive materials, electricity...) in the whole country in accordance with provisions of law.
6. Conducting scientific and technological researches and the application of scientific and technological advances in the industries under its management.
7. Evaluating and approving, or taking part in evaluating and approving investment projects, economic-technical feasibility studies, designs, cost estimates and joint venture and cooperation projects with foreign countries related to the industries under its management in accordance with stipulations of the Government.
8. Performing the function of State management over enterprises in the industries under its management in accordance with the Law on State Enterprises and the regulations of the Government on the assignment or delegation of powers to the Ministry.
9. Managing the international cooperation in the fields under its management.
10. Managing the organizational work and staff in accordance with provisions of law and assignment of the Government.
11. Conducting specialized investigation and supervision.
Article 3.- The organizational structure of the Ministry of Industry is composed of:
1. Units to assist the Minister in performing the State management function:
a) The Departments:
- The Planning and Investment Department
- The Finance - Accountancy Department
- The Department for the Management of Technology and Product Quality Control
- The Organization - Personnel Department
- The International Cooperation Department
b) The Inspectorate of the Ministry
c) The Office of the Ministry
d) The specialized State management departments:
- The Department for the Management of Mineral Resources
- The Vietnam Geology Department
- The Department for Technical Inspection and Supervision of Industrial Safety.
The Minister of Industry shall define the functions and tasks of the Departments and the Office and submit to the Prime Minister for decision on the functions and tasks of the specialized State management departments.
2. The non-business organizations directly under the Ministry:
The Minister of Industry shall, together with the Minister-Chairman of the Government Commission on Organization and Personnel, arrange scientific research establishments, training schools and health stations under the former Ministry of Heavy Industry, the former Ministry of Light Industry, the former Ministry of Power, and submit to the Prime Minister for separate decisions.
Article 4.- This Decree takes effect from the date of its promulgation; the previous provisions contrary to this Decree are now annulled.
Article 5.- The Minister of Industry, the other Ministers , the Heads of the ministerial-level agencies, the Heads of the agencies attached to the Government, the Presidents of the People's Committees of the provinces and cities directly under the Central Government shall have to implement this Decree.
ON BEHALF OF THE GOVERNMENT
THE PRIME MINISTER
Vo Van Kiet