Decree No. 80/2014/ND-CP dated August 06, 2014 of the Government on the waste water drainage and treatment
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, August 6, 2014
On water drainage and wastewater treatment
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the June 18, 2014 Construction Law;
Pursuant to the June 17, 2009 Law on Urban Planning;
Pursuant to the June 23, 2014 Law on Environmental Protection;
Pursuant to the June 21, 2012 Law on Water Resources;
At the proposal of the Minister of Construction,
The Government promulgates the Decree on water drainage and wastewater treatment.
Article 1. Scope of regulation and subjects of application
1. This Decree provides for water drainage and wastewater treatment activities in urban areas, industrial parks, economic zones, export-processing zones and hi-tech parks (below referred to as industrial parks), and concentrated rural residential areas; and rights and obligations of organizations, individuals and households engaged in water drainage and wastewater treatment in the Vietnamese territory.
2. This Decree applies to domestic organizations, individuals and households; and foreign organizations and individuals engaged in water drainage and wastewater treatment in the Vietnamese territory.
Article 2. Interpretation of terms
1. Water drainage and wastewater treatment activities means activities of planning, designing, building, managing and operating water drainage systems.
2. Water drainage and wastewater treatment services (below referred to as water drainage services) means activities of managing and operating water drainage systems in order to meet requirements of rainwater and wastewater drainage and wastewater treatment in accordance with law.
3. Expenses for water drainage and wastewater treatment services (below referred to as water drainage expenses) means expenses for rainwater collection and drainage and wastewater collection and treatment in areas where water drainage services are available.
4. Water drainage and wastewater treatment service charge rate (below referred to as water drainage charge rate) means the correctly and fully calculated cost of water drainage and wastewater treatment plus a reasonable profit for one cubic meter (1 m3) of wastewater.
5. Water drainage unit means an organization providing the service of managing and operating water drainage systems under a management and operation contract.
6. Discharging entity means a domestic or foreign organization, individual or household that operates or resides in the Vietnamese territory and discharges wastewater into water drainage systems.
7. Wastewater means water whose properties and characteristics have changed after being used or as a result of human activities and which is discharged into water drainage systems or the environment.
8. Domestic wastewater means wastewater generated from such human activities of daily living as eating, drinking, bathing, washing, toileting, etc.
9. Other wastewater means used water other than domestic wastewater.
10. Water drainage systems include water drainage networks (pipelines, sluices, channels, retention reservoirs, etc.), rainwater and wastewater pumping stations, wastewater treatment works and other supporting works designed to collect, conduct and drain rainwater and wastewater, control inundation and treat wastewater. Water drainage systems are classified into the following types:
 Công Báo Nos 775-776 (20/8/2014)