Decree No. 86/2014/ND-CP dated September 10, 2014 of the Government On by-automobile transport business and its conditions
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, September 10, 2014
On by-automobile transport business and its conditions
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the November 13, 2008 Law on Road Traffic;
Pursuant to the November 20, 2012 Law on Cooperatives;
Pursuant to the June 14, 2005 Commercial Law;
Pursuant to the June 14, 2005 Law on Tourism;
Pursuant to the November 29, 2005 Enterprise Law;
Pursuant to the November 23, 2009 Law on the Elderly;
Pursuant to the June 17, 2010 Law on Persons with Disabilities;
At the proposal of the Minister of Transport,
The Government promulgates the Decree providing the by-automobile transport business and its conditions.
Article 1. Scopeof regulation
This Decree provides the by-automobile transportbusiness and its conditions and the grant of by-automobile transportbusiness licenses.
Article 2. Subjects of application
This Decree applies to organizations and individuals conducting or involved in by-automobile transport business.
Article 3. Interpretation of terms
The terms and phrases below are construed as follows:
1. By-automobile transportbusiness means the use of automobiles to transport goods or passengers on roads for profit; and includes transport business with and without direct money collection.
2. Transport business with direct money collection means the by-automobile transport business in which a transport business unit provides transport services and collects freight directly from customers.
3. Transport business without direct money collection means the by-automobile transport business in which a transport business unit performs the transport stage and at least another stage in the process from production to consumption of products or services and collects freight through revenues from such products or services.
4. Transport business units include enterprises, cooperatives and business households involved in by-automobile transport business.
5. Fixed route means a passenger transport route approved and announced by a competent agency and is determined by itinerary, station of departure and station of destination (beginning point and end point for buses) in accordance with the approved route network master plan.
6. Internal people transport means a transport activity in which the unit uses automobiles of 9 seats or more to periodically transport their cadres, civil servants, public employees, workers or students from their living places to workplaces or learning places and vice versa.
7. Passenger transit transport means a transport activity organized by enterprises and cooperatives conducting the business of passenger transport along fixed routes to pick up passengers to stations, pick-up and drop-off places along the routes or vice versa.
 Công Báo Nos 873-874 (24/9/2014)