Decree No. 93/2001/ND-CP dated December 12, 2001 of the Government on decentralization of the management of a number of domains to Ho Chi Minh city
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, December 12, 2001
ON DECENTRALIZATION OF THE MANAGEMENT OF A NUMBER OF DOMAINS TO HO CHI MINH CITY
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government of September 30, 1992;
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the People’s Councils and People’s Committees of June 21, 1994;
Pursuant to the Government’s Resolution No. 08/2001/NQ-CP of August 2, 2001 on the contents of its July 2001 regular meeting;
At the proposal of the president of the People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City in Report No. 3113/UB-TT of September 7, 2001,
Article 1.- Scope of regulation
This Decree prescribes the contents of decentralization of the State management to the People’s Council and People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City in the following domains:
- Management of plannings, plans, investment and socio-economic development;
- Management of houses, land and urban technical infrastructure;
- Management of the State budget;
- Organization of apparatus and management of officials and public employees.
Article 2.- Decentralization objectives
The enhancement of management decentralization to Ho Chi Minh City (hereafter called City for short) is aimed to raise the sense of responsibility and create conditions for the promotion of activeness and creativeness of the municipal People’s Council and People’s Committee in promptly settling matters under their respective jurisdictions, fruitfully tapping the City’s potentials and strengths in socio-economic development, in commensuration to its position and role in the country and the region.
Article 3.- Decentralization principles
The management decentralization to the City shall be effected on the following principles:
1. It ensures the concentrated, unified and smooth leadership, direction as well as administration of the Government; at the same time, bringing into play the City’s autonomy, dynamism and creativeness in attaining the socio-economic development targets in the locality.
2. The management decentralization is associated to the enhancement of the ministries’ and branches’ responsibility for examination of activities of the municipal authorities.
3. The management decentralization couples with implementation of the administrative reform program at all administrative levels in order to raise the effectiveness and efficiency of the State management apparatus in the locality; create favorable conditions for enterprises’ operations and the people’s life.
4. It conforms to the current legislation on competence of the Government and the Prime Minister.
Click Download to see full text