Decree of Government No.71/2007/ND-CP of May 03, 2007 detailing and guiding the implementation of a number of articles of The Law on information technology regarding information technology industry
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, May 03, 2007
DETAILING AND GUIDING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF A NUMBER OF ARTICLES OF THE LAW ON INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY REGARDING INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the June 29, 2006 Law on Information Technology;
At the proposal of the Minister of Post and Telematics,
>> See also: Free cospas-sarat Emergency alert information
Article 1.- Scope ofregulation
This Decree provides for information technology industry activities and measures to ensure the development of the information technology industry.
Article 2.- Subjects of application
This Decree applies to Vietnamese and foreign organizations and individuals engaged in information technology industry activities in the Vietnamese territory.
Article 3.- Interpretation ofterms
In this Decree, the terms below are construed as follows:
1. Software product means software, and accompanying documents which are produced and displayed or stored in objects ofany formand can be purchased, sold or transferred to other subjects for exploitatioiior use.
2. System software means a software used for organizing and maintaining the operation ofa system or digital equipment (below collectivefyreferredto as digital equipment). A system software may create an environment for application softwares to operate and be constantly in the operation status during the operation of digital equipment
3. Application software means a software developed and installed in a certain environment to perform specific tasks or operations.
4. Utility software means a software helping users organize, manage and maintain the operation of digital equipment
>> See also: The documents and information are required for copyright registration as follows:
5. Tool software means a software used as a tool by software developers to use and develop other softwares.
6. Packaged software means a complete software product with a registered trademark which is multiplied for supply to the market
7. Software manufactured to order means software products manufactured under specific requirements of customers or users.
8. Embedded software means software products which are installed by the manufacturer before hand in digital equipment and operate together with digital equipment without requiring activation by users.
9. Softwareprocessing means activities whereby the processor manufactures and supplies software products or services or performs some stages to complete software products or services at the request of the processee.