Ordinance No. 06/2003/PL-UBTVQH11 dated January 22, 2003 of the Standing Committee of National Assemble on population
THE STANDING COMMITTEE OF NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Independence - Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi , January 9, 2003
Population constitutes one of the factors decisive to the sustainable development of the country;
In order to raise the responsibilities of citizens, the State and society in the population work; to protect the rights and legitimate interests of citizens; to enhance and unify the State management over population;
Pursuant to the 1992 Constitution of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, which was amended and supplemented under Resolution No. 51/2001/QH10 of December 25, 2001 of the Xth National Assembly at its 10th session;
Pursuant to Resolution No. 12/2002/QH11 of December 16, 2002 of the XIth National Assembly, its second session, on the Law- and Ordinance-Making Programs of the XIth National Assembly throughout its tenure (2002-2007) and for 2003;
This Ordinance provides for population.
Article 1.- Scope of regulation and subjects of application
1. This Ordinance provides for the population size, population structure, population distribution, population quality, and measures to perform the population work and the State management over population.
2. This Ordinance shall apply to State agencies, political organizations, socio-political organizations, social organizations, socio-professional organizations, economic organizations, people’s armed force units and all Vietnamese citizens (hereinafter referred collectively to as agencies, organizations and individuals); foreign organizations operating in the territory of Vietnam and foreigners permanently residing in the territory of Vietnam, unless otherwise prescribed by the international agreements which Vietnam has signed or acceded to.
>> See also: DECREE No.107/2009/ND-CP ON TRADING OF LIQUEFIED PETROLEUM GAS THE GOVERNMENT
Article 2.- Principles of the population work
1. To protect the legitimate rights and interests of agencies, organizations and individuals in the population field in conformity with socio-economic development, the quality of life of individuals, families and the entire society.
2. To guarantee the initiative, voluntariness and equality of each individual and family in birth control, reproductive health care, selection of residential places, and application of measures to raise the population quality.
3. To harmonize the rights and interests of individuals and families with the interests of communities and the whole society; to build families with few children, which are prosperous, equal, progressive, happy and sustainable.
>> See also: How to establish a foreign-invested company in Vietnam?