Although current legislation does not require the registration of exclusive protection of trademark products. And of course, almost every enterprise owners or business owners do not want to voluntarily register for protection without benefit from this because every investment of an enterprise comes with profit and benefits, if there are no profit/benefits and it is not required by law, the registration of protection of exclusive product brands would be ignored by these owners.
In fact today, with the fierce competition between businesses, almost all businesses registered to protect their exclusive products brand for the benefits that it brings, typically as:
- To be protected by a competent state agency, apply temporary emergency measures, strictly handle infringements to exclusive product brands;
- Ask the individuals / agencies / organizations / businesses to terminate the infringement, if not voluntarily terminate, the owner of the exclusive product brand has the right to request the state agency to handling competence, depending on the degree of danger, different levels of damage will have the corresponding form of treatment;
- Be trusted by customers and partners to cooperate and use products regularly and stably;
- As a basis for developing other types of products and services later, at the same time, this is also the basis for building a stable brand, trusted by many individuals and organization, becoming a famous exclusive brand product in the future.
Lawyer Le Minh Truong - Guidance on benefits when registering product brand protection
3. Procedures for registration of protection of exclusive product brands
Minh Khue Law Firm instructs clients on the process of registering exclusive product brand protection to maximize the saving of time, cost and effort of clients when they first apply or submit applications many times but problems arise.
Step 1: Identify and complete the exclusive product brand intended to register
If you intend to register for exclusive product brand protection, the first job you need to do is to complete your exclusive product brand, at the same time, to have an idea that fits the product group that you intend to register for protection.
In addition, you need to conduct a preliminary or official brand search to look for similarities, similar to other product brands that are registered for protection so that you can adjust your product brand accordingly, if not adjusted, the application for protection of exclusive trademark products will be rejected by the state agency because it is identical, similar, and confusing with other registered trademarks (whichever is registered for protection in advance will be more advantageous and entitled to priority by the state under the provisions of law).
Step 2: Prepare a dossier to register for protection of exclusive product brands
The preparation and drafting of exclusive product registration documents is one of the important steps to be able to register for protection of exclusive product brands, because if the dossier lack of required documents, or has an error, of course, the application for protection of the exclusive trademark will be returned, then the applicant must re-draft the application from the beginning and then re-register, this is very time-consuming, costly, as well as the efforts of the performers.
You need to prepare a dossier including the following main documents:
- Declaration for registration of protection of exclusive product brand names: In this declaration, you need to provide accurate and complete information about the owner of the application for protection of exclusive brand products such as full name and date of birth, identity card/citizen identity, address, phone number, email, ... The clearly stated information is very beneficial in the application process for the applicant, if there are errors , need amendments and supplements, the examining specialist can send a notice to the applicant to complete the documents and papers;
- Sample of product brand intended to register for protection with the prescribed size;
- Documents on payment of fees, completion of financial obligations at competent state agencies;
- Authorization document or introduction of the trademark owner of the product exclusively for the person performing the work;
- Other documents and papers if available in some special cases such as documents on the transfer of ownership of exclusive brand names, minutes of declaration of inheritance, ...
Step 3: Select the agency to receive protection registration documents
Currently, there are three addresses that have the right to receive applications for protection of proprietary trademarks, depending on the conditions of the application owner, the competent authority may receive the dossier, specifically:
- Vietnam National Office of Intellectual Property in Hanoi;
- Representative office of National Office of Intellectual Property in Da Nang city;
- Representative office of National Office of Intellectual Property in Ho Chi Minh City.
The application owner can file directly or by mail to one of these agencies to register for protection of the exclusive product brand.
Step 4: Monitor and receive the results of registration for protection of exclusive product brands
The important job after filing an application for protection of an exclusive product is to keep monitoring on the progress of the application from the formal examination period, to the period of publication of a valid application and content appraisal of the application and finally grant the protection title as prescribed. If the completion of protection registration documents is accurate, correct and sufficient according to the provisions of law, during this period, clients will only need to follow and receive the results of successful protection registration.
Lawyer Le Minh Truong - Guidance on product trademark registration processes, procedures and fees
4. Exclusive trademark registration service of Minh Khue Law
Minh Khue Law Firm provides exclusive product trademark protection services including but not limited to the following works:
- Counseling and answering concepts related to the registration of exclusive product brands;
- Advice on the advantages and disadvantages of registering exclusive product brand protection for clients so that clients choose to register or not to register for protection of exclusive product brands;
- Advice on how to search or perform product brand search for appraisal, assessing the brand's ability to distinguish products intended to register for customers to have a basis to adjust product brands for fit;
- Prepare a full range of documents and papers in the application file to protect the trademark of exclusive products at the request of clients;
- Advise and guide clients to complete the application file for protection of exclusive product brands;
- Advice or representative of clients to implement the process of registering exclusive product brand protection, including: filing and monitoring applications in the process of the competent authorities of formality and appraisal content of application for protection of exclusive brand products;
- Advise, guide clients to pay the state fee in accordance with the regulations to register and be granted exclusive brand protection title (if clients use our package service, we will actually carry this work on behalf of you);
- Guiding clients to handle by themselves or through their representatives to carry out procedures for complaints and denunciations to competent state agencies if any acts of violation arise from the subjects implementing the procedures;
Our team of lawyers is always ready to serve and support clients on all legal issues not only in the field of Intellectual Property but also includes all other areas such as civil, picture business, land, marriage and family, labor, social insurance, tax, finance - accounting, business, investment, bidding, etc. Any problems please call the hotline Free online: 0986.386.648
for advice and detailed answers!
Lawyer: To Thi Phuong Dzung participated in answering the 24h Program about handling copyright infringement on the Internet
5. Benefits of using the exclusive registration service for trademark protection at Minh Khue Law
When clients use the exclusive registration service for trademark protection in Minh Khue Law, clients will receive the following benefits:
- Use a quality service, high efficiency, done by a team of lawyers, senior experts with many years of practice in the field of registration of protection of exclusive brand products;
- Professional service, dedicated service attitude, dedicated service implementation from A-> Z for clients;
- In addition to implementing all procedures to register for protection of exclusive brand products, we also support to advise clients of other legal issues related to the field of Intellectual Property to ensure protect other legal rights and interests for clients;
- Reasonable cost, save time to register for protection of exclusive product brands.
Clients wishing to use Minh Khue Law Firm's service, please call the hotline: 0986.386.648
for advice and direct quote to clients.
We hope to receive your trust and cooperation from our customers!
Intellectual Property Department - Minh Khue Law Company